GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow (22 May) the NC Post 165 American Legion Rider team of Bob A and I kick off on our 2014 Mid-States Ride. Bob unwisely agreed to join me as we fill in the middle unridden states in my ride map. We're going to stay off interstates as much as possible, and I'll attempt to update my new Mid-States blog each evening. (We saw how that went last year!)

Anywho, wish us luck, fair winds and dry (as possible) skies.

Here's the blog: http://mid-states.blogspot.com/

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,877 Posts
It hurts me to look at your route across Arkansas. It is the quickest way across the northern part of the state, but it is not the most fun! :cry:

Hope you have a good trip! :thumbup:

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It hurts me to look at your route across Arkansas. It is the quickest way across the northern part of the state, but it is not the most fun! :cry:

Hope you have a good trip! :thumbup:
Yeah, I know. But with only so many leave hours, I had to put together what I could. Having said that, a day on the bike beats a day at work, regardless of the road. :thumbup:

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,877 Posts
Yeah, I know. But with only so many leave hours, I had to put together what I could. Having said that, a day on the bike beats a day at work, regardless of the road. :thumbup:
:agree: You got that RIGHT!!

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
VanWall Powersports in Indianola, Iowa

A hat tip to VanWall Powersports in Indianola, Iowa. Just prior to closing time on a Saturday afternoon, Dan and Corey got me in for a valve stem replacement with no advance notice. I can't speak to the rest of the year, but on this day when everything said they probably wouldn't or couldn't, they readily offered friendly and top quality customer service and repair! A good reputation is built or lost on single moments in time.

BZ!! :superman1:

http://mid-states.blogspot.com/

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:agree: You got that RIGHT!!
Well, US 412 may not have been a "most fun" ride, but it was enjoyable. We stayed off the Cherokee Parkway (on Alt 412) during the first portion and it was good. After it merged back together it was a fairly scenic country road most of the way. There were portions of four lane, but when it started merging with 62, 63 and others (like in the Lake Gaston area), it was very enjoyable. Obviously it was no Ky Red River Gorge area ride, but it was an excellent pass-through ride. Don't undersell it as a way to see Arkansas. I've been on a whole lot less enjoyable rides.

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,877 Posts
Well, US 412 may not have been a "most fun" ride, but it was enjoyable. We stayed off the Cherokee Parkway (on Alt 412) during the first portion and it was good. After it merged back together it was a fairly scenic country road most of the way. There were portions of four lane, but when it started merging with 62, 63 and others (like in the Lake Gaston area), it was very enjoyable. Obviously it was no Ky Red River Gorge area ride, but it was an excellent pass-through ride. Don't undersell it as a way to see Arkansas. I've been on a whole lot less enjoyable rides.
Glad you enjoyed it and that it served your purpose! :thumbup:

But, you really need to come back sometime and ride some of the good stuff. Comparatively, your route was VERY boring, with considerable traffic and just a little scenic. :lol:

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
great ride report and great pictures. i enjoyed reading about your ride!

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glad you enjoyed it and that it served your purpose! :thumbup:

But, you really need to come back sometime and ride some of the good stuff. Comparatively, your route was VERY boring, with considerable traffic and just a little scenic. :lol:
Oh I'm sure there is better and I fully intend to reride many of the states' better routes when I finally can make the time. I'll group Arkansas near the top.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts