·
Registered
16,853 Posts
Hmmmm. He got the RPMs above 7k?

prs

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
They had one in the showroom at the Honda Dealer south of Austin. The radiator enclosures look a bit old, but other than that, its not a bad looking bike.
And unlike the F6B, it does have ABS.

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
I looked one over a few days ago. I like it.

Also it looks like gaining access to the air filter is a much easier job than on the Wing.

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts

·
Registered
19,989 Posts
.. Both these articles speak about how well it shifts..
.. One even mentions the additional quickness/ease of clutchless shifting.

That don't sound like "our" transmissions..
?

Dennis
Many of us have stated over the years that our transmissions shift nice and quiet. But nobody wants to hear it. That would be way too positive for this board.

Those who have problems are just a little louder than we are. ;) :lol:

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
Many of us have stated over the years that our transmissions shift nice and quiet. But nobody wants to hear it. That would be way too positive for this board.

Those who have problems are just a little louder than we are. ;) :lol:
i've ridden over two dozen Goldwings.
Of those, only two had a nice "snick snick" feel when shifting. They feel so good when they shift like that. It's a huge obvious difference.
I attributed those two to a fortuitous stacking of tolerances (which does not seem to happen very often based on my experience).

The majority of Goldwing bikes i've ridden had what I'd describe as a "clunky" feel when shifting.

It's easy to feel the difference.

Dennis

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
On balance, I like the looks of the new Valkyrie; however, I would like to see more of the engine. I think Honda has made a mistake by not highlighting the engine. See pic.

1500cc Valkyrie.jpg

·
Registered
19,989 Posts
On balance, I like the looks of the new Valkyrie; however, I would like to see more of the engine. I think Honda has made a mistake by not highlighting the engine. See pic.

View attachment 53889
I agree with you. Having to keep the twin radiators prevented them from showing off the engine.

For anyone who has not seen one up close, my only beef with the bike is that the plastic shrouds they used around the radiators don't flow very well with the bike. They kind of end in a point on each side of the headlight. it just doesn't flow naturally, instead looking forced. It was kind of like "This is the best we can do with what we have."

·
Registered
326 Posts
Wonder if the Valk pipes would fit on a GL1800?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Bar-hopper

It is interesting, but far from a true bar-hopper as it is intended (IMNSHO). Jump on a 120HP bike and peel out - right....:cry:
But hey , really like the looks - you fugly guys are wrong.........
...gene

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Russellville Honda has the FB6 for $15,485 and no added on bs fees, I would think that would be a better purchase than the Valk

·
Registered
19,989 Posts
It is interesting, but far from a true bar-hopper as it is intended (IMNSHO). Jump on a 120HP bike and peel out - right....:cry:
But hey , really like the looks - you fugly guys are wrong.........
...gene
It's intended as a bar hopper bike???????? :shock: Didn't see that one coming. :lol:

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
I agree with you. Having to keep the twin radiators prevented them from showing off the engine.

For anyone who has not seen one up close, my only beef with the bike is that the plastic shrouds they used around the radiators don't flow very well with the bike. They kind of end in a point on each side of the headlight. it just doesn't flow naturally, instead looking forced. It was kind of like "This is the best we can do with what we have."
That was my opinion too. But other than that, it is not a bad looking bike.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts