GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just reading about it in the rider magazine . Has anyone seen one yet ?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Affirmative. At the Minneapolis International Motorcycle show on Jan 18 and 19. Lower CG than the Wing and about 150 lbs lighter. I sat on it twice during the two hours I attended and I was quite impressed by the nimbleness and the perceived ease of handling. A beautiful looking bike and likely faster than heck.

image.jpg

·
Registered
148 Posts
Affirmative. At the Minneapolis International Motorcycle show on Jan 18 and 19. Lower CG than the Wing and about 150 lbs lighter. I sat on it twice during the two hours I attended and I was quite impressed by the nimbleness and the perceived ease of handling. A beautiful looking bike and likely faster than heck.

View attachment 50355
Just needs saddlebags, a windscreen, and a trunk.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just needs saddlebags, a windscreen, and a trunk.
Two different windscreens ,saddlebags ,passenger floorboards ,luggage rack will be options Honda .

·
Registered
991 Posts
I actually have an order in for a 2014 Valkyrie ... Black/ABS. Should be here in April so I am told by the Honda rep and my dealer.

I'm selling my 2010 Kawa Concours to buy it. The dealer in Columbia, CT sells both Honda and Kawasaki.

The new Valk should be a quick bike. 150 lbs less than a Wing with the same motor. Should be fun.

What I find interesting is the fact that there has not been a "first ride", or an in depth review of the bike. Little, if anything in the magazines. And, it's already the beginning of March !? And, there's little on the Honda web site, too. All the stuff regarding the new Valkyrie is several months old. I wonder how Honda will hype the new Valk with such old 1st run stuff?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the new bike when it arrives. Same/same switch gear as my 2001 Wing, so it'll be familiar, and should be a quick cruiser to boot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts