GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This maybe a dumb question but I'll ask anyway. I was gonna remove the CB antenna from my new to me 2015 Wing as I have no plans to use & I don't care for the 2 antenna look. So I thought I would remove the CB unit also & sell it along with a few other things I've removed. The question is, are wings pre wired for a CB where as I just remove the unit? Is there a market for them?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Well, I might be wrong but I believe the best market for the Honda CB on the Gold Wing is IN the motorcycle. When the time comes that you want to sell your bike, it can be a selling point. Leave it installed and intact.

Reactions: doug of no fl

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
This maybe a dumb question but I'll ask anyway. I was gonna remove the CB antenna from my new to me 2015 Wing as I have no plans to use & I don't care for the 2 antenna look. So I thought I would remove the CB unit also & sell it along with a few other things I've removed. The question is, are wings pre wired for a CB where as I just remove the unit? Is there a market for them?

Thanks!
The only "dumb" question is one that is never asked. The answer is YES, bike is pre-wired for simple plug, and play installation, or removal. I bought a slightly used OEM Honda CB (w/antenna) from a fellow forum member, and installed it in my 2015 in maybe 45 minutes between sips of Mikes Hard Lemonade. Would I pay more for a bike with CB already onboard? Not a nickel more, but that's me. After the CB install, whose only real purpose was to facilitate communication with fellow GWRRA riders, I felt it was a total waste of time and money. Go Bluetooth, get mesh. I would pull that CB out tomorrow if someone asked.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
I run the CB thru Sena Freewire, Zumo XT into 20S EVO bluetoothe headset, and my Iphone thru the Zumo. Use CB with fellow GWRRA members on rides as mesh will only handle so many riders.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I run the CB thru Sena Freewire, Zumo XT into 20S EVO bluetoothe headset, and my Iphone thru the Zumo. Use CB with fellow GWRRA members on rides as mesh will only handle so many riders.
Cardo (Packtalk Bold) will connect 15 riders on its mesh, and connects with any other brand for distances up to a mile. Keep the CB stored along with the 8-track player.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Cardo (Packtalk Bold) will connect 15 riders on its mesh, and connects with any other brand for distances up to a mile. Keep the CB stored along with the 8-track player.
Isn't a blue tooth headset required to use those systems?

·
Registered
9,645 Posts
There's always a market for buying a CB. You will need the CB unit, the antenna and bracket, and the cable from under the right shelter back to the CB unit and the power lead.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Here's the install instructions which can be reversed EXCEPT for drilling holes in the trunk. Look at WINGSTUFF under armrests for the blanking plate that fills the place of the CB antenna.

Attachments

Reactions: ssncob

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the replies. I'll eventually get around to removing it as I know I'll never use it; I don't even listen to music or use a GPS. Wife & I communicate with Sena's & on the rare occasion that I communicate with other riders it's also with the Sena. I only bought this bike to ride when the wife rides with me which is only about 5,000 miles a year so resell is not a concern as I'll have it a very long time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts