GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know how I would connect an air pump to a 2015 GL-1800 Goldwing? I've been told to plug it into the cigarrete lighter but I don't think it has one. Do I need a special adapter? I carry a tire repair kit in my luggage compartment but I don't know how I would inflate the tire without a pump. I used one of those cans that seals and inflates the tire when punctured but it damaged my TPMS indicator. Any tips?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Do you have an SAE plug for a Battery Tender attached to the battery?
I hacked the cigarette lighter plug off my portable air compressor and attached an SAE plug.
Allan

·
Registered
548 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Where are you from?

The 2015 GL1800 did not come with a cigarette lighter type outlet factory installed. There are kits available to install one in the left glove box or the trunk using existing wiring harness. However, the harness is insufficient to handle the loads associated with an air compressor. Ok for GPS or phone charging only.

There are other universal type kits with heavier wiring that can be installed directly to the battery (with a fuse of course). Then you can locate the plug where you want. Alternatively, you could use alligator clips on your compressor and go directly to the battery when needed.

There are also compressors with built in battery. Charge them once in a while or possibly recharge using the low amperage kits above.

Lastly, there are kits that use CO2 cartridges with a short hose that's made for the tire valve stem.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I installed an aftermarket cig lighter type power point in the right hand pocket for exactly this reason. It has appropriately sized wire and and is fused to power a 15 amp roadside air compressor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts