GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi. Just started my bike and it fires up and runs but there is no dash display at all. This is the screen that shows the welcome sequence, radio, and gps.

It turns blue sort of but then nothing.

Also it looks like my remote trunk lock isn't powered any more, no clicks on when I use the remote. Most have blown a fuse or fuses somewhere but can't seem to see whats blown in the fuse box behind the left side cover. Maybe it needs to be reprogrammed as I had it disconnected for a while as I was doing some trunk wiring.

Any ideas people. Normally these threads get jumped all over...

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does your turn signals work correctly? If not, check the accessory fuse. This is just a guess because I don’t have the schematics or much experience with 15s.
Everything works but the screen and my remote lock receiver.

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,372 Posts
Everything works but the screen and my remote lock receiver.

Shoot, on the older 1800s, the fuse labeled “battery” can kill the trunk unit, but it doesn’t kill the display. Sorry, without the schematics, I’m of no help. :frown2:

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes the wire is off a fused wire straight from the battery. I don't know what I might have done. I cannot find a fuse for hne main display or remote unit. That's what I am really looking for.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
This is kind of a wild guess but it is possible that there may be broken wiring in one of the harnesses that go up behind the seat onto the lid of the trunk. They are prone to being pinched by the hinges and could be your problem. You would have to unwrap both the left side and right side harnesses in the area of the hinges and start checking the wiring for breaks.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Do you have audio ? Can you listen to music from the radio ? Haven't looked at the wiring diagram yet but the radio/amp and Nav board are on the same harness at the trunk . If I have time I will look at the service manual later today.

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,372 Posts
This is kind of a wild guess but it is possible that there may be broken wiring in one of the harnesses that go up behind the seat onto the lid of the trunk. They are prone to being pinched by the hinges and could be your problem. You would have to unwrap both the left side and right side harnesses in the area of the hinges and start checking the wiring for breaks.
This is a good guess. The right side hinge has all of this wiring except the rear speaker wires if it’s like the previous years.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Hi. Just started my bike and it fires up and runs but there is no dash display at all. This is the screen that shows the welcome sequence, radio, and gps.

It turns blue sort of but then nothing.

Also it looks like my remote trunk lock isn't powered any more, no clicks on when I use the remote. Most have blown a fuse or fuses somewhere but can't seem to see whats blown in the fuse box behind the left side cover. Maybe it needs to be reprogrammed as I had it disconnected for a while as I was doing some trunk wiring.

Any ideas people. Normally these threads get jumped all over...

Roy,
Check fuse 29 and fuse 7, they both go to combination meter.
Mind you I am no Techdude, but I have the schematics and can find my around them.

Reactions: Ron Fuller

·
Registered
177 Posts
Mine was fuse 31 blew when the wires going up to the trunk lid on the right side shorted out. I open up that bundle of wires and found most of them broken. Why would all those wires need to be there.

The problem reared is head first when my horn would blow when I opened the trunk lid. Again why would all those wires need to go up into the trunk lid? After awhile the radio quit working then the GPS screen went blank.

Repaired the broken wires installed a new fuse and all is good again.

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,372 Posts
Mine was fuse 31 blew when the wires going up to the trunk lid on the right side shorted out. I open up that bundle of wires and found most of them broken. Why would all those wires need to be there.

The problem reared is head first when my horn would blow when I opened the trunk lid. Again why would all those wires need to go up into the trunk lid? After awhile the radio quit working then the GPS screen went blank.

They are all required for extra lights, the trunk lock control unit, and the rear speakers. Honda could have eliminated some of them by putting the control unit in the bottom of the trunk or under the seat.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Do you have audio ? Can you listen to music from the radio ? Haven't looked at the wiring diagram yet but the radio/amp and Nav board are on the same harness at the trunk . If I have time I will look at the service manual later today.
Hi. I can't get the radio to function as I can't see what is selected as the display is blank so no, I cannot listen to music or get any sound at all.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Roy,

Check fuse 29 and fuse 7, they both go to combination meter.

Mind you I am no Techdude, but I have the schematics and can find my around them.
Let me look at these fuses later today when I get to the storage locker. Will get back to you then.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Will check the wiring loom and and fuse 31.
Q is there another fuse block apart from the one behind the left hand panel?

I

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I only see the one fuse block in the electrical manual, Roy it would also help to know what model/level bike you have as some times the circuits run through different connectors depending on the model/level.
Also the maintenance manual makes a distinction between US destined bikes and Canadian bikes, I am guessing you have a Canadian model.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I only see the one fuse block in the electrical manual, Roy it would also help to know what model/level bike you have as some times the circuits run through different connectors depending on the model/level.

Also the maintenance manual makes a distinction between US destined bikes and Canadian bikes, I am guessing you have a Canadian model.
Hi. Yes it's a Canadian and it's the top level with the airbag and navigation and comfort heated controls etc. Thanks for helping.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts