GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I am curious to know what it does if you turn off the engine? So, if it is stuck and won't up shift or down shift; turn off the engine and try the up or down shift. This might help decide if it is an intermittent clutch problem.
I am not sure how I would do that wile driving. I do know that sometimes, actually most times, if I accelerate from a light or stop sign it won't shift, But if I let off on the throttle severely, it will usually shift. Not always, but usually.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I guess I will find out when I take it in. I think you are right Greg, symptoms seem to fit. I have an appointment to drop it off on Tuesday. I will let you know what they find

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Hope for the best. Most likely they will claim "unable to duplicate the problem", or some bogus repair like "adjusted shift lever position". Anything under warranty repair is really difficult as they don't want to deal with warranty and just stall, and provide incompetence hoping you will eventually give up and go away.
My experience anyway. Reason I don't ever buy the extended warranty and rarely if ever use any warranty on a vehical. Had my fill of that crap.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I'm curious if this issue has been resolved?

Rayjoe
I dropped it off yesterday and they expect to get it up on the hoist by Friday. I know waiting until Friday to get it looked at seems long, but the other dealers could even get it on the schedule for 3 months. I will let ever one know what I learn

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hope for the best. Most likely they will claim "unable to duplicate the problem", or some bogus repair like "adjusted shift lever position". Anything under warranty repair is really difficult as they don't want to deal with warranty and just stall, and provide incompetence hoping you will eventually give up and go away.
My experience anyway. Reason I don't ever buy the extended warranty and rarely if ever use any warranty on a vehical. Had my fill of that crap.
I do understand, I hesitated a lot on the extended warranty. In the end, I decided to add the additional 4 years. Right now, I am glad I did. The problem is pretty persistent and will be hard to deny. I can see they might to try to claim as a not covered item, which I will be very forceful!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Just a quick update, I took the bike in last Wednesday and dealer said the they probably wouldn't get to it until Thursday or Friday of last wee. I am still waiting to hear from the dealer. I hope I will in the next few days.

·
Registered
7,604 Posts
Waiting to see the diagnosis also. Hope its minor

21 - 32 of 32 Posts