GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a buddy looking for a new 2016/2017 GL and he heard that Honda might have some left in their warehouses. Anyone know if this is true and of any dealers that might have some in their showroom

·
Registered
301 Posts
Have a buddy looking for a new 2016/2017 GL and he heard that Honda might have some left in their warehouses. Anyone know if this is true and of any dealers that might have some in their showroom
Storm Lake Honda (Storm Lake, IA) has new 2016's on the showroom floor. The dealership recently bought 25 of them from the distributor. Going like hotcakes they say. I think they're asking around $16K. Be advised these are/were non-ABS models.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
They are around but he may have to travel. I lucked out last year. The dealer 12 miles from me had a NOS 2016 Level 3 that was severely discounted.
Shop around and even check cycle trader.

Corventure Dave

·
Registered
584 Posts
saw 2 ABS on cycle trader last week, kind of thought it was a shame to be honest. 2016s. Wondered if it was a real or fake ad but it was a dealer. I should stop snooping around cycletrader and craigslist, that's how I ended up with 3 bikes and wanting another one!

·
Registered
83 Posts
saw 2 ABS on cycle trader last week, kind of thought it was a shame to be honest. 2016s. Wondered if it was a real or fake ad but it was a dealer. I should stop snooping around cycletrader and craigslist, that's how I ended up with 3 bikes and wanting another one!
Have you tried Searchtempest? It goes out and hits all the Craigslists within a specified distance of your zip code. It has cost me a LOT of money over the years.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Just do some leg work to find your best deal. I did all of my shopping on the net and negotiating via text/email/phone. I found a NOS 2016 in August in St. Louis. I test drove it and liked it and bought it. It was Audio Comfort (which is what I was looking for) and was cheaper than other dealers within my driving zone. I just went to Honda's site: Find a Dealer

Then click on the dealer and then search their local inventory. Mine was $14999 and they gave me $800 more than another dealer for my trade. They gave me a trade quote over the phone with the condition they evaluate it when I got there. Easy-peasy. I'm happy with the deal and so is the wifey, which makes my life easier. :grin2:

Attachments

Reactions: WVMANDINGO

·
Registered
584 Posts
Have you tried Searchtempest? It goes out and hits all the Craigslists within a specified distance of your zip code. It has cost me a LOT of money over the years.
Really, I don't have room for another bike, but thank you for the link/info, I'm like a kid in a candy store.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I love the not-so-fine print just below the $16499 price: Price + added dealer markup + destination charge + taxes + registration fees

It's still negotiable. Just showing they exist, and at 8k under MSRP it's not bad. Taxes and registration fees can't really be avoided on a new bike.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I love the not-so-fine print just below the $16499 price: Price + added dealer markup + destination charge + taxes + registration fees
Right... basically all they are telling you is that your price will be higher!

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Out local "bargain" motorcycle shop advertises too good to be true prices and then adds another $1,200 to the price when ya sit down with the guy that does the paperwork.

"Everyone pays that" they say - it's a standard cost and all the dealer's change the same"

·
Registered
13 Posts
My local dealer, Ken's Sports in Little Chute,WI (www.kenssports.com) still has 2 brand new 2016s in stock for good prices. They bought 85 2016 & 2017 models this year and have sold all but 2. I bought my new 2016 in July as the price was too good to pass up. They list their fees up front, versus some of the other dealers. Largest Honda dealer in the area and great customer service. They may not be close to you, but they still have some on their showroom floor.

Reactions: INTHEWIND
1 - 14 of 14 Posts