GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any reason that I need to carry this key fob around? Or can I leave it at home in the drawer? And why are Goldwing keys so big? My Valkyrie key was less than half the size of this thing.

·
Registered
626 Posts
The fob makes it easier to lock and unlock the trunk and saddlebags. If you don't mind using your key for this, by all means, leave the fob at home. You think this key is big? You should see the key and fob for my Silverado.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. This thing rattles and vibrates on the plastic surround and drives me nuts. So I took it off and put it in my jacket pocket. But then, I don’t always wear the same jacket...or any jacket at all. And I was having to keep track of it. And I’d rather just leave it at home. It’s not that big of an inconvenience to have to stick the key in the hole to lock up versus digging the fob out of my pocket and pushing the button, then checking to make sure it locked. If I turned the key, I know it’s locked.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Reactions: doug of no fl

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
648 Posts
Hi Dave! I remember you from the Valkyrie boards! I think we might have met on the Covered Bridge Ride I went on one year when we went to the Indianapolis Racetrack Museum. But I'm not sure.
We did indeed!
I actually proposed to my wife at that ride in front of a bunch of folks one evening. :grin2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts