GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I sold my Valkyrie, I just bought a new 2016 leftover Goldwing Audio Comfort on Friday. YAY! :grin2:

Back in the early 2000's, when I first got my Valk, there were free PDF versions of the Honda Service Manual floating around. It was kind of crappy...looked like someone sat down and spent hours and hours scanning each individual page of the book. But in a pinch, it was good enough and the price was right. I eventually bought the actual manual and plan to buy the one for the Wing just because I like having an actual book to flip through. But in the meantime, are there any such free PDF versions of the service manual for the Goldwings out there?

Thanks!
Bob

·
Love The DCT
12,024 Posts
JMO but I don’t think there is such a thing as a “free” PDF version of the service manuals.

:doorag:

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I have one of the DVD Service manuals for my '05. Looks JUST like the hardcopy manual. I wish I could find one for my 2016.. BTW, congrats on the new bike.. I got mine "new" for Christmas.

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
AFAIK, Honda didn't have a dvd version made for the 12 -17 1832's.

I think there is, or was, a 2006 thru 2010 available.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
2008 was the last year for the DVD. I think they stopped it because of all the pirated copies showing up online.
You can get the paper version from Helm.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Helminc.com make the official Honda service manual... book only , no dvd. Any other seller claiming to sell this any cheaper is an unauthorized photo copied one which will not have pictures in the same quality. The pictures quality is important in these detailed service manuals . Just buy the authorized manual from Helmic, you will be glad you did. Here it is on Helmic.com site:

61MCA66: 2012-2017 GL1800A GL1800B Service Manual and Electrical Manual W/O Binder @ $127.39 each

Reactions: Farmguy

·
Registered
46 Posts
The manual is bound like a thick book, but it also has the holes to fit into a binder.

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
The manual is bound like a thick book, but it also has the holes to fit into a binder.
That's interesting --and makes more sense that supplying loose with no binder.
My 12-14 manual is loose leaf and came with a binder. (It came as a 12-13, with stickers that could be put on to relabel it 12-14)

My 2018 is bound, with the holes.

For both, the ETM supplement is separate, and it is bound.

·
Registered
8,307 Posts
2008 was the last year for the DVD. I think they stopped it because of all the pirated copies showing up online.
You can get the paper version from Helm.
Yup. All the "free" copies floating around are the reason you can't buy a legitimate copy anymore. Thank the thieves. :cus::banghead:

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
My 2015 service manual came as loose pages with holes, but no binder. The ETF is a bound book with holes for placement within a binder.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts