GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning guys,

As I continue to save, the deluxe models are getting harder and harder to find. Plenty of the NON deluxe models still out there and close to me as well. Question is, how difficult is it to install a center stand and would it be an OEM HONDA model? I do not want some back yarded, makeshift done thing. I want it right. Can I go to Honda and ask them to put one of theirs on do you think?

Thanks and have a good day.

Sid

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
The center stand is easy 2 bolt install. Best outlet is a dealer that installs trike kits. The center stand is normally removed. I gave $100 for a new take off. The hardest part of install is the spring. Old school drum brake tool works perfect.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dang, that was quick Ghost. Thanks a ton man. So just find a place who does trike conversions and ask around for a center-stand off of an F6B? The mounts will already be on the NON deluxe model as well as the spring hold locations? No drilling, welding, nothing?

Thank you again.

Sid

·
Registered
5,989 Posts
Sid,
Give Doug a call at (603) 354-7740 (owner of shop)

This is Cycle Design in New Hampshire
They converted my wing into a trike last season...

I'm assumeing that they have what you need.................. Actually give me a day and come to think about it I just may have the stand in my return stuff that they gave me... (the box is not near me now but I can look tomorrow)

Ronnie

·
Registered
5,989 Posts
Sweeeeeet!
Please keep those picture(s) coming........Very interesting project

love reading about folks taking on a project(s) like yours :wink2::wink2:

Ronnie

·
Registered
649 Posts
The exact same centerstand as on a full Wing. All mounting points are already there. You can find Gold Wing centerstands on ebay all the time under $125

That being said, if heated grips and cruise control is important to you I would go with a Deluxe.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I put a thread on that subject not too long ago about a white F6B deluxe out in Auburn Maine at Central Maine Powersports and I called them saturday and they still had it and its a 2016 Leftover F6B deluxe. brand new.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Grips and cruise

The exact same centerstand as on a full Wing. All mounting points are already there. You can find Gold Wing centerstands on ebay all the time under $125

That being said, if heated grips and cruise control is important to you I would go with a Deluxe.
Sir, I believe cruise is on all 14' and up. Deluxe or no deluxe. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

Sid

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Center stand

Sid,
Give Doug a call at (603) 354-7740 (owner of shop)

This is Cycle Design in New Hampshire
They converted my wing into a trike last season...

I'm assumeing that they have what you need.................. Actually give me a day and come to think about it I just may have the stand in my return stuff that they gave me... (the box is not near me now but I can look tomorrow)

Ronnie
Thanks for anything you can do sir. I'll stay posted here and thanks again.

Sid

Cruise on deluxe and non-deluxe?

·
Registered
649 Posts
2015 was the first year with cruise. It came on both standard and deluxe models.
Thank you for the clarification, sorry for the incorrect information. The Deluxe model gives you a center-stand, self-cancelling turn signals, heated hand-grips and a passenger backrest.

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
Xrider57, love that color and like you said very easy to outfit the standard model like the deluxe and save lots of :money1::money1:

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I bought a 2015 standard. I have added aftermarket backrest , luggage rack, centerstand and heated grips for less than half of the deluxe added price. I don’t have self canceling turn signals but that’s not a big deal to me.
Which heated grips did you use, and how are they working, and holding up?
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought a 2013 F6B and love it. Along with the bike, the seller included a center stand kit. But the parts bag had already been opened and the two bolts that go thru the collars are missing. I know that they are 10 mm and one is right threaded and the other is left threaded. But supposedly can't get these directly from Honda any more and hate to spend $100+ for a new kit when I already have everything else. Can anyone share any pictures or measurements? Thanks.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Just bought a 2013 F6B and love it. Along with the bike, the seller included a center stand kit. But the parts bag had already been opened and the two bolts that go thru the collars are missing. I know that they are 10 mm and one is right threaded and the other is left threaded. But supposedly can't get these directly from Honda any more and hate to spend $100+ for a new kit when I already have everything else. Can anyone share any pictures or measurements? Thanks.

I'd check some additional sources. No reason why these shouldn't still be available. Try another dealer or try online sources like partsfish or bikebandit. Anyway, here is a parts diagram that shows the bolt part numbers and bolt dimensions.

Attachments

·
Registered
383 Posts
Mate with the install its easier if you make the Spring Longer before the fitting?
Slip some coins in the Gaps in the Spring
When fitted take em out
Works a treat

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2014 non deluxe. Like the rest of you I miss the center stand using it mostly for Maintenance. I found a used stand with the hardware for $24 plus $15 shipping. I did have to order the spring hook that attached to the frame. The only real difficult part was installing the bolts.The threads on the frame were full of debris. I also think the threads had paint on them making them very tight to tighten the bolts. I finally used a copper 9mm gun cleaning brush to clean the threads. Installing the spring was a breeze using a large long shaft Phillips screwdriver. That’s an old trick I leaned years ago and only took one try.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Grips and cruise

Sir, I believe cruise is on all 14' and up. Deluxe or no deluxe. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

Sid
Sid,
Can't speak to the 2014 model F6B but my '15 Standard does indeed have cruise control.
Never thought I'd use it til I had it. Now, if it were only ADAPTABLE cruise! :)

Rok

1 - 19 of 19 Posts