GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all,

I am about to pull the trigger on a std F6B, NOT the deluxe. Where can I find a back rest and a luggage rack like on the deluxe? OEM Honda maybe or even aftermarket? Also the center-stand to add also.

Thank you so much.

Sid

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought a 15 standard two years ago and also added the passenger backrest, rack, and center stand.

The center stand you can buy from the dealer or even eBay, but your best bet is a trike conversion shop. The trikes don't use them, so you can get them cheap.
I have one local that I asked...I gave $20 for the whole shebang.

The backrest and rack you have several options here as well. I bought mine all used takeoff from a forum classified.

eBay also has both. I've heard that some of the parts are no longer available from Honda, but it's hard to say what dealer stock is...so eBay is probably your best bet

Good luck

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Std to deluxe parts

I bought a 15 standard two years ago and also added the passenger backrest, rack, and center stand.

The center stand you can buy from the dealer or even eBay, but your best bet is a trike conversion shop. The trikes don't use them, so you can get them cheap.
I have one local that I asked...I gave $20 for the whole shebang.

The backrest and rack you have several options here as well. I bought mine all used takeoff from a forum classified.

eBay also has both. I've heard that some of the parts are no longer available from Honda, but it's hard to say what dealer stock is...so eBay is probably your best bet

Good luck
Thanks a ton sir.

Sid

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just went through the same thing. Thought I found 1 in Ohio but there inventory was wrong. Had to buy it from a gentleman on ebay. Shipping is kind of high but it coming from overseas. Maher him an offer he came down $25 on the price for me. Good luck

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just went through the same thing. Thought I found 1 in Ohio but there inventory was wrong. Had to buy it from a gentleman on ebay. Shipping is kind of high but it coming from overseas. Maher him an offer he came down $25 on the price for me. Good luck

Mind if I ask what you paid? I'm taking delivery of a 2016 next week and want the OEM Honda backrest. Found one on EBay in Hungary, but price was STEEP.

Thanks,
Frankenprunk

·
Registered
21 Posts
I paid 325 plus 60 for shipping. It was a little steep but it is oem. The big difference between this at show chrome was the bolt sized. Oem is very sturdy with 4 bolts holding the back rest to the bracket. You will need the mounting bracket kit. You can get a black set much cheaper on ebay. Pn 08L73-MJG-670zb for $80 including shipping. Once the backrest bracket is mounted you wont see them anyway. So save the money wish I would have known. Good luck. You can pm me with any other questions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts