GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am looking at a 2017 to replace my 07 post deer strike this past weekend.

What are the major changes, if any, for using aux audio and helmet speakers?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I see no changes on my 16 model. Buttons just moved to the left side. I don't use the helmet speakers anymore because I don't have the CB on this bike.

Barney

·
Registered
880 Posts
The AUX has two functions on the 17. One is the same as the 07 and the other is for the USB jack in the trunk. If you have a thumb drive plugged into the usb jack

you can listen to your mp3s. Idon't use the aux connector in the left pocket but I do use the mp3 player.

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
If you have a thumbdrive with MP3's connected to the trunk USB you will be able to scroll thru it with the handlebar controls.

It has several play modes - sequential /random/repeat etc.

Permits nested folders if desired.
Some will next by Genre>artist>album> 'songs'
IIRC there is both random by folder and random by 'all contents' available.

If you have a music collection you want to listen to, then the USB addition is a significant improvement.

As posted above, the input in LH pocket is also still available.

·
Registered
440 Posts
If the '17 is Nav equipped, it will also have XM capabilities.

As mentioned before, the Aux can either be the stereo input in the left pocket like your '07 or the USB input in the trunk for MP3's or an Ipod / Iphone with music on it. Headsets are the same.

I also noticed that because the radio unit has moved from the shelter to the trunk, when there is a cell phone in the trunk I will occasionally get a lot of static interference. Moving the phone further from the radio tends to resolve this issue.

These were the only things I noticed in terms of audio in moving from an '08 to a '14.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts