GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 Tour DCT.
I have an Android phone.
I think I am missing something by not using the Apple Car play on the bike.
I am looking for someone who lives in So Calif. near San Bernardino, or Riverside that has a 2018/19 that uses Apple Car Play and can meet with me so I can see what exactly it does and why I may want to use this option on the bike.
This way I can decide if I need to upgrade our phones, or buy another plan or whatever.
I don't want to go through the extra expense if I don't see how it would make my riding more enjoyable.
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
9,200 Posts
Have you seen this?

It may help focus some of your questions on functionality.

Luck to ya!!

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I have seen this. It tells several of the things the bike can do with the cell phone, but since I don't have that type of cell phone, I don't know if any of those features would be worth me paying for a separate i phone and a phone plan.
My 14 Harley had a push to talk button to access my phone and give directions for the GPS, but I guess you need the i phone to do this on the Goldwing.
I found someone I can get with to have him show me what his bike does and I will see how that goes.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good news! I got an iPhone and have been playing with the Apple Car Play.
I sure like the navigation of Google Maps instead of the Apple Maps and even the Honda Navigation.
I can talk to send texts, and receive texts with voice activation. It is pretty neat.
I have been keeping track of my data usage and it is not that much. I have been using less than 50mb a day and I have a 10GB plan so I will no way use 10GB in a month.
So far so good!
:smile2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts