GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There have been reports of the new (2018 and up) Goldwing right pocket lid not opening to allow access to the fuel lid button. Big problem when your trying to fuel up and continue your ride or return home. With this modified fuel lid latch the problem is solved without drilling holes or damaging the pocket cover. When your right side pocket lid fails to open you just pull the fuel lid open. The new modified latch works the same as the original latch when the right side pocket lid is operating normally.

To install this new latch you simply remove the old fuel lid latch by removing one screw and replace it with the new fuel lid latch. They are $15 and $5 shipping in the lower 48. For more info send me a PM-conversation.

Thanks for watching

·
Registered
226 Posts
Could you please provide more information? Looks like you replaced the cable operated latch with a spring loaded catch of some sort, what part and where to buy?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Could you please provide more information? Looks like you replaced the cable operated latch with a spring loaded catch of some sort, what part and where to buy?
Hey Garry, I have updated the post. It's the metal latch on the fuel door that gets replaced. It's just one screw, nothing else has to be touched. 5 maybe 10 mins. I have sent you a PM.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Where is the link to the latch.
Easy to say replace the latch, but which one and where?

·
Registered
69 Posts
There have been reports of the new (2018 and up) Goldwing right pocket lid not opening to allow access to the fuel lid button. Big problem when your trying to fuel up and continue your ride or return home. With this modified fuel lid latch the problem is solved without drilling holes or damaging the pocket cover. When your right side pocket lid fails to open you just pull the fuel lid open. The new modified latch works the same as the original latch when the right side pocket lid is operating normally.

To install this new latch you simply remove the old fuel lid latch by removing one screw and replace it with the new fuel lid latch. They are $15 and $5 shipping in the lower 48. For more info send me a PM-conversation.

Thanks for watching
Zteve - Can you help the clueless? How to I post a "PM-conversation"? I looked on your profile and among the menu choices, but I cannot figure out how to click for a PM-conversation. Thanks. - Doug

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
There has been such a demand that I'm out of latches. I've ordered more latches from Honda but they are on back order so it may be a while. I will post in this "Inventors Hobby Shop" thread when I get more.
Thanks

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
There has been such a demand that I'm out of latches. I've ordered more latches from Honda but they are on back order so it may be a while. I will post in this "Inventers Hobby Shop" thread when I get more.
Thanks
Could you put me on a list for one?

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Good evening. I would like to purchase one of your latches. Please let me know how to do so.

Thank you in advance.

A.J. Dobbs

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good evening. I would like to purchase one of your latches. Please let me know how to do so.

Thank you in advance.

A.J. Dobbs
Sorry AJ but there's been such a demand for these latches that I'm out of them. I've ordered more but Honda says they are on back order so it might be a while. I will post in the Inventor Hobby thread when I receive them. Or if you want to send me your latch and I'll modify it and send it back.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If there is a list, please put me on it. My 2019 DCT Tour did not open yesterday. Fortunately I was in my garage and had the tools to get it open. I'll keep an eye on this thread for when you have more. The Dealership has never heard of this and does not think it warrants a look. :confused: Thanks for your great idea!

·
Banned
78 Posts
Great Modification.. ✔
I'd rather spend $20.00 on this.. instead of a bolt to drop down my steering shaft for the day my Handlebars are going to snap off :rolleyes: That's the Biggest Hustle I've seen yet.. I don't care what anyone says 👨‍🎓 Anyway... Excellent Work. I'll be ordering one from you as well when they are back in stock.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts