·
Registered
169 Posts
Well don't laugh to much...
,,,much, my flap was missing. $16 for flap though no ‘honda’ lettering on it

·
Registered
42 Posts
Now im wondering....my 2019 did come with 2 fobs & each had a key, 1 fob has a metal tag with 8 numbers on it that I thought was my emergency start code...is this not the case cuz there is no paper strip on either fob...

·
Registered
225 Posts
My fob does not have a key. Nor did we get one. So I guess I need to talk to the dealer.
So is there a gap in one end of your fob where a key should be? Wont crap get in there? If no gap, then the key sits within the fob. Holding the fob with red Honda button toward you and black plastic key ring rectangle down you will see a silver bar across the top. That is the end of the key. Now look on the left hand side of the fob near the top and you will see a very thin black plastic rectangular release button. Play with that button for a few seconds and the key will shoot out.

G.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I guess I'm stupid like Brian Fenner. I bought a second fob and a second set of keys. The second fob is in the trunk turned off. I have a regular key hid on the bike.

·
Registered
223 Posts
The previous owner may have hidden the spare key somewhere on the bike as many 2018+ GW owners have done. Maybe the dealer could contact them and inquire about the key.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I guess I'm stupid like Brian Fenner. I bought a second fob and a second set of keys. The second fob is in the trunk turned off. I have a regular key hid on the bike.
I never purchased a second fob.....
I purchased a second fob key, because one of the fobs does not come with a key.

Both my fobs were handed to me by the dealer.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
SO I contacted the dealer. They apologized. Said they would either get them from the previous owner, one of their best customers buys 4-6 toys a year from them, or they would order the keys and get it taken care of for me. They said they did not check for the key since it was a fob, that is their fault and admitted to it. I was shocked. Said give them until next week to sort this out and they will have it for us.

·
Registered
994 Posts
SO I contacted the dealer. They apologized. Said they would either get them from the previous owner, one of their best customers buys 4-6 toys a year from them, or they would order the keys and get it taken care of for me. They said they did not check for the key since it was a fob, that is their fault and admitted to it. I was shocked. Said give them until next week to sort this out and they will have it for us.
They should also get you the owners manuals. Both of them; it came with two. Bike and Navigation.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
They should also get you the owners manuals. Both of them; it came with two. Bike and Navigation.
They said we left the manuals on the Finance office desk. They will also either mail them to us or we can come by and get them. This dealer has been amazing actually. hey have the manuals and we will stop by today to pick them up.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
They said we left the manuals on the Finance office desk. They will also either mail them to us or we can come by and get them. This dealer has been amazing actually. hey have the manuals and we will stop by today to pick them up.
So many people toss or lose manuals and second keys and such, dealers rarely ask for them when they get a trade in. But for the new buyer, it is a sign of a good dealer that will replace such when the new buyer comes back and says "shouldn't I have gotten __" and they get it for you with their apologies. Of course it may sometimes take a week for the to get replacements.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was cleaning the new bike and I bumped the honda plate on the back. It popped off and there is a key slot under there. Any idea 1 what it does and 2 what key goes in there? I only have a key fob.
There is a key on your key fob,the key goes into that key slot so you get into the bike if the battery does not work.you can unlock the bags manually and it does other things also.check online for more info.cheers

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
There is a key on your key fob,the key goes into that key slot so you get into the bike if the battery does not work.you can unlock the bags manually and it does other things also.check online for more info.cheers

Yes the dealer noted agreed it was missing and is in the process of getting it for us.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes the dealer noted agreed it was missing and is in the process of getting it for us.
Highly recommend you take the time to familiarize yourself with the Emergency Start procedure in the manual and make a copy of the key at hardware store when you receive. I only received one fob when I bought my bike, so I bought another fob along with the required cable to program/pair to the bike myself. Easy and videos are available. Expensive, but worth the investment I think.

Different ways to be prepared for starting without a fob I've seen on the forum... 2nd fob turned off in the left saddlebag, hide the key on the bike, carry a copy of the key in our wallet, etc etc.. all personal choice. I think the key, no pun intended, is to have the physical component key/2nd fob in a 100% certain no-fail location annnnd have the Emergency start procedure 100% for sure available for reference. I had taken photos of the fob/key numbers and the Start procedure with my phone and filed under Favorites for easy access. Got me painlessly out of a potentially tough situation. I also like the idea of having the number(s) and procedure taped inside the left saddlebag and using the phone and/or cloud access as the backup.

The reality is you're up the creek without a paddle if you are not prepared.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts