GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Vendor
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Way to go Max..looking forward to seeing this belly pan...after this project, how about a helmet lock kit like the old model had.
That helmet lock system requires too much "installation" to make it viable... cutting the painted bodywork, etc. But keep the suggestions coming, you never know what I might make!

Don't say "Crash Guards"....

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
8,681 Posts
That helmet lock system requires too much "installation" to make it viable... cutting the painted bodywork, etc. But keep the suggestions coming, you never know what I might make!

Don't say "Crash Guards"....
OK..but how about coming up with some better tip over bars..LOL

·
Registered
697 Posts
Hmmm, sounds like a great reason to carry JBWeld. Rather than attempt a replacement, should this happen, slather on JB Weld, perhaps a bit of grinding, maybe a second coat and you should be good to go for some time. Although, if your Insurance Company says it is write off then can hopefully replace your bike although yes, writeoffs generally do not give you enough money to replace a bike.

·
Vendor
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmmm, sounds like a great reason to carry JBWeld. Rather than attempt a replacement, should this happen, slather on JB Weld, perhaps a bit of grinding, maybe a second coat and you should be good to go for some time. Although, if your Insurance Company says it is write off then can hopefully replace your bike although yes, writeoffs generally do not give you enough money to replace a bike.
If you have a 6 speed, there is no repair, the shift shaft is bent and the bike will never shift ever again.

If you have a DCT, you could never clean, grind and match anything without filling the engine full of metal... you are pretty much screwed. Also when the boss gets knocked backwards, it blocks the oil filter tunnel, and you could never change your oil filter ever again.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
There is a bit of "installation" needed, but the brackets holding the latch only end up in one place making having a cut here template possible. The rest of the question would be does it use the OEM release lever like what I used with my under trunk latches or put a lever to each hook in the bottom of the trunk with your trunk packing being in the way like prior models. I never liked digging under my bag to release a helmet on my older Wings, so I installed a remote release tied into my "car" alarm on the bike.

And back to the thread topic..... Waiting patiently on the belly pan and hoping cost is not what I am fearing it to be......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts