GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you guessed it by the title.
No one has come out with a bellypan for the new wing. I've been working on a prototype and had access to the "donor" bike for a few hours. Patterned and prototyped, the very first bellypan made for an 18+ wing.

Still needs some refinement and a couple access holes. I had plans to do that and test fit actual pan and brackets to the donor bike next week at the Rogers ride in, but unfortunately I had to cancel the ride in.

Just posting looking to see what the interest level is before final production.

Pans will probably be about $100 shipped right now , that all depends on interest and how much powder coating costs for brackets .

Pm me if you're interested and I will get you on a list for when I go into production.

Reactions: eddiedial

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I've got your pan on my 02 & my 08, interested for my 18.

Reactions: Macgyver0856

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Having issues getting pictures to post.

Here's a link to my bellypan Facebook page.

Reactions: wingman05

·
Registered
19,062 Posts
No interest level here. I had them on my 05 & 10 and eventually quit using them. I don't think they are needed on the 18+. If you want to sell just a few you might

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I am interested!

Reactions: Macgyver0856

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you click the link to my Facebook page and then click like, you'll get updates when I go into production .. also pm me and that will send me an email that I will keep in a folder to contact when I start selling them.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've only had my goldwing for a week - coming from HD's the last 20 years. I've had pans before on dirt bikes but am wondering why anyone would need one on a goldwing - it certainly is not a bike for trail riding.... Is it necessary and why???

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Whether belly pans are needed or not have been debated ad nauseam. There have been many instances of objects on the highway getting kicked up and damaging the oil filter, the coolant reservoir and even knocking a hole in the block. In the grand scheme of things it's probably rare but damage does happen.

I believe you need a good steel one. I have a Tulsa on my 2006 but they aren't in business anymore. Macgyver isn't making them anymore for the GL1832 so I had to find one elsewhere for my new 2017. It'll do but I think the diamond plated steel is stronger. :(

My opinion is jump on getting a Macgyver pan while you can.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts