GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have installed this tire as I have on a couple of other Wings but with the 18 when I hit a bump there is a rubbing sound. I have checked everywhere except pulling the tire to see if it's rubbing on the top center. It is a 195 so just a bit smaller than stock. Has anyone else had this issue? If I set the suspension at 2riders it stops. I don't want to pull the tire but my OCD will force me to.

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
Doesn't sound right. I have a question can i put the 200 series 2018 rear tire on my 08 goldwing without any clearance issues.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Possibly rubbing on the swing arm. Check the side of the tire as it rounds to the sidewall.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I pulled the tire today and there are no rub marks. The sound is like something is rubbing but none found. The sound is after a bump/dip in the roadway. This started after the CT. Who knows...

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doesn't sound right. I have a question can i put the 200 series 2018 rear tire on my 08 goldwing without any clearance issues.
200 what? Check the tire chart or borrow one and install it and see. On 2012 forward I would say yes it would be ok...can't speak to a 2008. You're taking about millimeters try it!

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Dunlop SnowControl??

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found my issue...the tire was making contact with the rear cage on a trailer hitch. I took out the rear center section "cage" and all is good. It appears in order to use the hitch which I only do a couple times per year I will need a stock tire.
Dunlop Snow Control RF is the best CT I have found and it's great !!! 32# Tire Rack has them, may need to call them.

·
Registered
50 Posts
What hitch do you have installed? I have a rivco and had to make a very minor modification to allow clearance. I would be happy to talk you through it

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What hitch do you have installed? I have a rivco and had to make a very minor modification to allow clearance. I would be happy to talk you through it

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I'm at work and can't remember. I appreciate your offer and will have time tomorrow. This will take some welding to fix... 352-267-1553 5:00pm I should be available if not I'll return your call...Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts