GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My (non-computer owning) friend has a Canadian spec 2018 DCT Tour and is having info on the nav screen 'disappear' and the problem seems to be intermittent. (I did a quck search on this forum and couldn't find anything.)

Problem with Multi-information Display:

When in Navigation mode, information that is normally displayed (the top 'bar' that displays time and the bottom Information Bar that shows Radio, Fuel Consumption Elapsed Time, etc.) simply disappear. Only the road pattern and cursor remain visible. And all controls for Nav/Multi-information Display 'freeze.' Pushing the INFO button on the console does not change anything.

This problem has occurred intermittently. Rod, the owner, says turning off the motorcycle and restarting it returns the Nav's operation to normal. Over the past year, this malfunction has happened as frequently as twice a week, and he's gone months trouble free.

Rod had taken photos (and video?) of this malfunction to show the dealer (and this is a large Honda outlet that's sold 27 new Wings this year), and they are supposedly in consultation with Honda Canada to diagnose the problem.

Question: Has anybody else with an '18 or '19 Wing experienced similar GPS screen freezing or information 'drop out' (disappearance?)

Thanks.

Tim

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
@T-88 iPhone, just reset it and go! At least it's worth a try. Could be loose wiring somewhere.....I actually found a wire frayed when installing my Heli-bar and repaired it myself before it would have caused any issues. Quality control is not what it used to be!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts