GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Vendor
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Gold Wing riders/friends!

We are excited to announce the release of our 2018 promotional product video. This short video showcases almost the complete Goldstrike product line. Please take a minute of your time to check it out, we would really appreciate it!

https://youtu.be/5FUbNuM4ZOM

Thank you :smile2:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Have to admit it. It's not everyday you see a company promoting riding with no helmets.

Your marketing guru's had a reason for this I'm sure.....
Either;
1. They're trying to instill the "cool factor" of motorcycling (not the potential injuries) to some malleable young minds of generation "Z" or "X", or whatever they are now............... or,
2. They're trying to subliminally tell me that if I buy their over priced products, I won't have enough money left over to buy a helmet and jacket........

Not picking on your company directly, just trying to poke fun at the lack of common sense people (across the board) in marketing have nowadays..........:shrug:

:flg: 'Murica!

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Or, maybe they are in a state where adults are expected to accept the risk of their decisions as opposed to a nanny state where adults are told what to do under penalty of law.

I live in a state where riders have a choice. I choose ATGATT, but that doesn't mean I should impose my beliefs on others.

·
Registered
19,048 Posts
I like the LED license plate light that replaces the reflector. Hopefully you will have some this weekend in Galveston at the Lone Star Rally

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Have to admit it. It's not everyday you see a company promoting riding with no helmets.

Your marketing guru's had a reason for this I'm sure.....
Either;
1. They're trying to instill the "cool factor" of motorcycling (not the potential injuries) to some malleable young minds of generation "Z" or "X", or whatever they are now............... or,
2. They're trying to subliminally tell me that if I buy their over priced products, I won't have enough money left over to buy a helmet and jacket........

Not picking on your company directly, just trying to poke fun at the lack of common sense people (across the board) in marketing have nowadays..........:shrug:

I didn't notice the riders where not wearing helmets which is normal here in Iowa. JMO,..I also did not feel they were promoting riding without a helmet. Looks like they've got some nice stuff.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Or, maybe they are in a state where adults are expected to accept the risk of their decisions as opposed to a nanny state where adults are told what to do under penalty of law.

I live in a state where riders have a choice. I choose ATGATT, but that doesn't mean I should impose my beliefs on others.
I'm with you on the freedom thing Brother. Our good Lord has blessed us with many of 'em and I cherish each and every one!
With those freedoms come responsibilities.
That's one of the things I loved about Texas. You had a choice. And if you chose to accept the risks, you were more than welcome to do so.

But you'd better have enough insurance to cover any medical costs your decisions might incur so that you didn't become a burden on hard
working tax-payers. Like I said... with freedoms come responsibilities..

And again I agree with you on imposing one's beliefs on another. But to make a fact-filled observation is far from imposing.

Ride Safe!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Alright..... you got me! #2 is kinda funny.....
But #1 is pretty spot on. Advertisers and marketing people go to great lengths to capture the full attention and entice whatever demographic they're aiming for. Always have. Always will.

A company (good ones, anyway) does not shoot a commercial for a product until they have made sure that everything visible in that shot, every little detail, is presented in a way to get optimum attention from the subject that the product is being marketed toward. From the roads and trees in the background to the color of the hair and clothing on the actor/actresses.

I can guarantee you that Nike didn't pick some hate-filled SJW as their spokesperson because they're selling the lion's share of their apparel to the young men and women in the military or farmers in Iowa or Harley riders in Texas.

When I use the phrase "cool factor", I'm simply referring to the way the advertisers are appealing to the natural instinct of the younger generations tendencies to buck the social norms.
No harm. No foul. Just a fact.

The scary part is, the actors I see in these "Huri-Cane" and adult diaper commercials are starting to look more and more like my demographic group! :surprise:

·
Vendor
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like the LED license plate light that replaces the reflector. Hopefully you will have some this weekend in Galveston at the Lone Star Rally
Hi Iaen,

We will have our complete product line at the Lone Star Rally! Here is a map of where we will be located so you can come check us out!

Thank you

Attachments

·
Vendor
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't notice the riders where not wearing helmets which is normal here in Iowa. JMO,..I also did not feel they were promoting riding without a helmet. Looks like they've got some nice stuff.
Thank you very much traveler46, we really appreciate the kind words! If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you!

·
Registered
19,048 Posts
Like many rallies --I figure you purchase the product & if you are having it installed you get a PASS so you can drive to that vendors area.

I see the rain is starting in the Houston area. Supposed to be finished by Thursday morning with a cool front (48-75) should be good riding weather and lots of bikes(300,000 bikes +) for the Lone Star Rally

·
Registered
8,622 Posts
Hello Gold Wing riders/friends!

We are excited to announce the release of our 2018 promotional product video. This short video showcases almost the complete Goldstrike product line. Please take a minute of your time to check it out, we would really appreciate it!

https://youtu.be/5FUbNuM4ZOM

Thank you :smile2:

Nice video and sweet products.:grin2:

·
Registered
19,048 Posts
Bought the rear reflector light at the LONE STAR RALLY. Easy install. Looks great. Waiting for blacked out trim on the rear trunk lights. Was told March/April 2019

1 - 13 of 13 Posts