GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I got them both installed.

One tip I could have received is that when installing the tie downs, if I have Fog Lights, they need to be removed to get access to the lower bolt. The horn bracket is also used for that bolt and the bolt will not come completely out with the fog lights in place. The two options you have is one, to have very small hands or two, remove the fog lights out of the way so you can hold the horn and get the bolt aligned with the tie down to get the thread started. Once the fog light is removed, you can use a ratchet and 12mm socket to remove the bolt and re-install them.

I did notice that the extension bars, the ones that are about 4" where the pegs go on to, were scratched.
I don't know why they would send them out scratched, but that is what I got. They were all wrapped in bubble wrap.

I will contact them about that.
Since I have a bad back, it took me a little over 3 hours to install everything.
Oh, I didn't take any pictures.:frown2:

·
Registered
96 Posts
I did notice that the extension bars, the ones that are about 4" where the pegs go on to, were scratched.
I don't know why they would send them out scratched, but that is what I got. They were all wrapped in bubble wrap.
Why did you install them knowing they were scratched? For the high prices that they're getting for these items, they should be perfect.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Exactly. That was my first thought. I am sending these back!
As I looked at the scratches, I realize they are really not that bad but I was going to send them back anyways because they shouldn't have any marks at all on them. I am just too picky about stuff like that. These cost close to $400.00.
I thought I would take pictures of them and when I did, the scratches are so minor I can't even get a good picture, so that was a waste of time.
If this was something that was going to be showing, like the trunk rack or some other place people could see easily, I definitely would have stopped right there. But since these are small enough, and where they are going to be, down on the lower part of the bike, they will be fine.
I would have to pull them off and let someone look at them in the light to see if they could see them, that is how difficult they would be to show someone.
I contemplated calling them and sending them back, but I thought, with these small marks on them, how are they going to know that I didn't do that by dropping it on the ground while installing them.
I do want to let them know that I did receive them in less than perfect condition and there are people who would complain and want to send these back.
I hate to be a nit picker, but these cost a lot of money, and I would expect almost perfect pieces.
I understand what you guys are saying, and I agree with you, but sometimes things this small, I will have to let it go with just a call to the company to let them know.

·
Vendor
118 Posts
Hi flyboy1800,

We're sorry to hear you received our product in less than perfect condition. We stand behind our products 100% and really value our customers, if you're not completely satisfied please email [email protected] or call us directly at 715-808-0027 and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Thank you,
The Goldstrike Team

·
Registered
72 Posts
Careful removing foglight cowl when installing

I installed the pegs on my bike and reviewed the You Tube video and instructions, In removing the fog light cowl I tried to be careful, but nevertheless broke off a small plastic slot tab. To remove the cowl you take off the two bolts then slide the cowl forward to free the plastic slot tab. Any torque or twisting at all and it breaks off. I re-installed it and it doesn't seem to affect fit or tightness.

Very happy with the fit and appearance, lots of adjustability too. They flex some which is different from my old Kury pegs, but seem sturdy enough.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I like the look of these highway pegs the best by far of those offered for the new Wing. At 6’2” I like to stretch out my legs, are you able to rotate the pegs forward without hitting the plastic covers on the tip over bars? Will the pegs fold up properly if they are rotated forward?

·
Registered
468 Posts
I like the look of these highway pegs the best by far of those offered for the new Wing. At 6’2” I like to stretch out my legs, are you able to rotate the pegs forward without hitting the plastic covers on the tip over bars? Will the pegs fold up properly if they are rotated forward?
email and ask them directly mailto:[email protected] or call them 715-808-0027

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have installed both of these items along with the ciro drink holder on my DCT Tour. Very easy to install with colour instructions, very happy with the quality & appearance. Waiting patiently for the weather to improve so I can enjoy the comfort of the highway pegs....!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts