GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 2018 Goldwing Tour but my boot does not fit under the gearshift lever. Wondering how to adjust it. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
I could be wrong (happens often) but I believe the DHS Racing linkage fix is not for the 2018-2020 GL
Somewhere on the forum is the procedure posted to adjust the oem linkage for the 2018-2020 GL
Someone correct me if i'm wrong. :cry:

·
Registered
7,598 Posts
I could be wrong (happens often) but I believe the DHS Racing linkage fix is not for the 2018-2020 GL
Somewhere on the forum is the procedure posted to adjust the oem linkage for the 2018-2020 GL
Someone correct me if i'm wrong. :cry:
Correct. I misread the title. Oopsie! o_O

·
Registered
7,598 Posts
Seeing no other responses, I looked up the "pedal" fiche for the 2018 gear shift linkage and it seems as if there is room for adjustment by moving the nuts (7 & 16) on the shaft (12) in relation to the heim joints (4) on the pedal assembly (3) and the gearshift arm (2) with the qualification that I am only making an educated guess based on the the parts drawing seen below.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Just got a 2018 Goldwing Tour but my boot does not fit under the gearshift lever. Wondering how to adjust it. Thanks.

I am NOT being funny/wise guy, etc. Don't know if this is your only ride, how long you intend on keeping the bike, how many miles do you put on, etc.

Get new/different boots that fit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have had the boots for 15 years and the leather is perfect. Have them re-soled every 3-4 years. Had the linkage adjusted at the dealership. Best of both worlds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts