GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 Honda Gold Wing DCT Airbag unit. My wife does not ride nearly as often as she used to but, here a few months ago she was riding as a passenger and in her moving around she had the right passenger rubber pad come loose. We noticed it then and was able to push the nipples back in. We were on a trip to Canada recently and the pad came loose and is a souvenir I guess for someone up in Canada somewhere. I have since ordered and replaced it but don’t have a high confidence level that it will be the last time. Has anyone else had this issue? If so do you have any idea for a fix?

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I have not had that problem. But could you attach a picture and I will go look at my area you are referencing as I'm not 100% sure where you are talking about.

·
Love The DCT
12,023 Posts
I have not had that problem. But could you attach a picture and I will go look at my area you are referencing as I'm not 100% sure where you are talking about.
He's talking about the rubber pad on the right passenger floorboard. Those pads pull out quite easily.

:doorag:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Has anyone else had this issue? If so do you have any idea for a fix?
Yes, my wife somehow loosened the passenger foot peg rubber one time on the left side. I reset it and ensured the rubber nipples were firmly seated. It hasn't happened again. I think she loosened it while mounting the bike. I now check them periodically when she's riding pillion.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have a 2018 Honda Gold Wing DCT Airbag unit. My wife does not ride nearly as often as she used to but, here a few months ago she was riding as a passenger and in her moving around she had the right passenger rubber pad come loose. We noticed it then and was able to push the nipples back in. We were on a trip to Canada recently and the pad came loose and is a souvenir I guess for someone up in Canada somewhere. I have since ordered and replaced it but don’t have a high confidence level that it will be the last time. Has anyone else had this issue? If so do you have any idea for a fix?
My 2018 DCT has done the same. My wife plants her foot and twist to swing in and out of the seat. The rubber pad came out twice. I cut some small double sided outdoor tape and placed them under the pad. It has been a few months and it has not happened again. Be safe.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My wife had the same issue several times. I finally got tired of pushing the rubber back into the holes so I used rubber cement in a few places and have not had any problems.

·
Registered
16,984 Posts
Reinstall with soapy water and they tend to stay put much better.

prs

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Glue it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts