GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2018 6 speed Manual
I have been searching for the last 2 hours and can't find this error code anywhere.

My "mode" is flashing steady, with solid fill (not hashes or such), on the 5 slots of the mode indicator. The ride seat and handle bar warmer indicators are also flashing. The dash screen is blank (black). Everything was working fine when I rode it this past week.

I have tried the following:
1. Cycled the ignition on and off, about a dozen times. Waiting about 30 seconds on, 30 off.
2. Ran the bike for about 10 minutes. Yes, it starts just fine.
3. Disconnected the battery for about 10 Minutes, then reconnected.

Any ideas on what is going on???
Thanks
Bryce
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Vehicle Car

· Registered
235 Posts
I have been searching for the last 2 hours and can't find this error code anywhere.

My "mode" is flashing steady, with solid fill (not hashes or such), on the 5 slots of the mode indicator. The ride seat and handle bar warmer indicators are also flashing. The dash screen is blank (black). Everything was working fine when I rode it this past week.

I have tried the following:
1. Cycled the ignition on and off, about a dozen times. Waiting about 30 seconds on, 30 off.
2. Ran the bike for about 10 minutes. Yes, it starts just fine.
3. Disconnected the battery for about 10 Minutes, then reconnected.

Any ideas on what is going on???
Thanks
Bryce
View attachment 413334
May be a shot in the dark but did you try the DCT reset procedure?

· Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

· Registered
3,805 Posts
I'll add it to my note, but this is a manual.

Maybe it wishes it was a DCT...... :giggle:
Sorry, just couldn't resist.

You've done the right things.......and I'd say possible battery, but if it starts just fine?
Maybe try putting it on a charger for a while then see what it does?

Reactions: T-88

· Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I notice your bike is in (1st) gear with the sidestand down? Is it up on the center stand? It normally shouldn't start (or keep running) in that state.
I drove it for a bit to see if everything else was working, before I took the pic.

· Registered
1,189 Posts
I agree with the low or bad battery. But I will add one more thing. Disconnect the battery for 30 minutes and at the same time short out the battery cables to one another. To be clear, the bike's battery cables, not the battery. This is what Honda suggested when I had a different problem with my display. But I don't think it has anything to do with the Nav unit.

· Vendor
23,401 Posts
Ok. Check fuse 25 (15amp). If blown and a replacement blows immediately then that's bad. Gets expensive very quick. But I hope not.
I'd really like to hear back from @bstroh59 if he found fuse 25 blown or not. If this is another case of a burned up audio unit, I'd like to know about it.

· Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'd really like to hear back from @bstroh59 if he found fuse 25 blown or not. If this is another case of a burned up audio unit, I'd like to know about it.
I did check #25 and it is fine. I took the battery in and the load test come back as a bad battery. I put the new battery in, and still have the same codes and no screen.

Looks like it’s a trip to the dealer. Bad thing is I’m 1500 miles from my home dealer. Glad I bought the extended warranty!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts