GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to using an AUX connector on a Goldwing and wonder what are the options I can use it for?

Does it connect to speakers and blue tooth headsets?

Is it for input?

e.g. Using a mic to use the bike's speakers to yell at drivers.

radar detector

gps

Is it for output?

e.g. power

Does it do both input and output like a phone headset with mic?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
MP3 player, Android phone, etc. It is an output source.

Reactions: Florida Brent

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
Same as previous generation. It's an input to the bike for any device that outputs to a headphone jack.

GPS/MP3/cassette player/portable cd player/etc etc etc

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a NOAA enabled hand held two way radio hooked up for to the AUX awhile (Placed in the side pocket that released the gas tank cover.

I was hoping to transmit and receive from the radio ... no joy ... also thought about a CB hooked up to the AUX but if it is an input only AUX ...

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
I had a NOAA enabled hand held two way radio hooked up for to the AUX awhile (Placed in the side pocket that released the gas tank cover.

I was hoping to transmit and receive from the radio ... no joy ... also thought about a CB hooked up to the AUX but if it is an input only AUX ...
Some have added the Honda CB and may offer some insight.

You can still use the AUX input for something else if the Honda CB kit has been added.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Instructions for adding AUX cable:

https://powersports.honda.com/documentum/MW01/08A87-MKC-A00.pdf

User instructions for the AUX cord are page 2 of the Accessory User Guide:

http://powersports.honda.com/documentum/MW01/879OM-MKC-A000_genuine_acc_user_s_guide.pdf
Thanks for those instructions.....

Sorry to be negative...
But, Honda avoids installing a simple $2 cable from the factory and either the owner needs to tear the bike half apart or pay someone else to do it, just to install this cable.
Seems silly to me.......all for the sake of saving a little $$ I suppose. :surprise:

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am planning to use it on Garmin Zumo 590 audio output to Aux input. When I would like to hear the instructions I simply change radio to Aux. Did this on my 2012 Goldwing.

·
Registered
471 Posts
.....I am planning to use it on Garmin Zumo 590 audio output to Aux input. When I would like to hear the instructions I simply change radio to Aux.....
I can see doing this if you only listen to the bikes speakers and don't ride with a helmet.
But with a bluetooth helmet, the cable and Aux setting is not necessary.

My Zumo 595 is paired directly to my JM BT-04 helmet.
The Zumo directions (while using active routing) will override all music sources.

My Android phone is paired to the bike.
My BT-04 bluetooth helmet is paired to the bike.
My Zumo 595 is paired to my BT-04 helmet.
My source is always set for USB, with 1,000 mp3 song files on a usb stick.

I believe the 3.5mm Honda Audio Input Cable is really meant for an ipod or mp3 player along with the Aux Source, although you can certainly plug in your gps too.
If your gps DOES NOT have bluetooth wireless signal to a helmet, then the Aux cable would be the only way to hear that audio source.
But your Zumo 590 has bluetooth built-in that will connect directly to your helmet.
Jefro.

·
Registered
807 Posts

Sorry to be negative...
But, Honda avoids installing a simple $2 cable from the factory and either the owner needs to tear the bike half apart or pay someone else to do it, just to install this cable.
Seems silly to me.......all for the sake of saving a little $$ I suppose. :surprise:
It's a 5 min. job. Max has a short video on that & all you need to take off is the seat.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Sorry to be negative...
Agree 100%. Some of these really cheap installs should have been done at the factory. Raise the price $5 if you have to. Some of these accessories should have been there from the start.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
It's a 5 min. job. Max has a short video on that & all you need to take off is the seat.
According to the instructions listed above it sure looks like more than a simple 5-min job.
If Max does have a way to install it that takes only 5-min, then why does Honda have 6 pages of instructions showing that a person has to tear down half the bike for simple cable?

Either way, Honda should include such trivial things as a $2 AUX cable as standard on a $25 - $30K machine.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Search MAX's videos. If you can't find it email me or give me a call. NO idea why Honda would suggest doing it their way. Same as with the Heli-Bars.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Same as previous generation. It's an input to the bike for any device that outputs to a headphone jack.

GPS/MP3/cassette player/portable cd player/etc etc etc

Turn table if your old school. :laugh:

Reactions: Farmguy
1 - 16 of 16 Posts