GL1800Riders Forums banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
I rode over to Traxxion Dynamics last week and checked out the grab rails. Max gave me a demonstration of them and it really does make it easier to put the bike on the centerstand. They are pricey but serve multiple roles and are not just grab rails. They are an impressive display of the craftsmanship of billet parts. I’ll be getting a set as soon as I set aside the $599.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Just installed them today.
Didn't take the rails of the bike.
Very easy install and the tie downs are awesome.:smile2:

That's really good to know that you installed them without removing the bike's rails. I just received mine today but have not yet installed them. I guess you just have to be very careful not drill into the saddlebags! :smile2:

·
Registered
571 Posts
I rode over to Traxxion Dynamics last week and checked out the grab rails. Max gave me a demonstration of them and it really does make it easier to put the bike on the centerstand. They are pricey but serve multiple roles and are not just grab rails. They are an impressive display of the craftsmanship of billet parts. I’ll be getting a set as soon as I set aside the $599.

Man, that's just a lot of dough for a pair of rails.:frown2:

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
That's really good to know that you installed them without removing the bike's rails. I just received mine today but have not yet installed them. I guess you just have to be very careful not drill into the saddlebags! :smile2:

Just put a scrap of wood underneath the rails, didn't even come close to hitting it.:smile2:
They are plastic, very easy to drill.
Its nice you don't have to mess with the helmet cabling.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Man, that's just a lot of dough for a pair of rails.:frown2:
Yes it is. Over the years I've spent a lot of $$$ on worthless accessories that I wished I hadn't. These grab rails won't be in that group. It's pretty hard to put a price on a passengers comfort and security. Sometimes aesthetics just have to take a lower priority than comfort and safety. Then there's also that "When Momma's happy".... kind of thing.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Yes, and they are ugly.>:)
Sorry Max.:serious:
JMHO.:serious:
Yes it is. Over the years I've spent a lot of $$$ on worthless accessories that I wished I hadn't. These grab rails won't be in that group. It's pretty hard to put a price on a passengers comfort and security. Sometimes aesthetics just have to take a lower priority than comfort and safety. Then there's also that "When Momma's happy".... kind of thing.

I hear you, but................gotta draw a line somewhere. It sort of like I wouldn't use a set of long horns on the hood of my car for a hood ornament. :shrug:

·
Registered
142 Posts
After purchasing a nice used F6B, I decided to take Wifey over to Honda and show her the new version: Goldwing "standard". Lower handles was the first thing she complained of (sigh).

·
Registered
10 Posts
We get our 2018 Wing in June; on order.
Testing finds my passenger "hates" the grab rails; too low. She LOVES the ride; better suspension.

Ideas on how to manufacture or modify these grab bars so they extend in the fashion of the rails on our present Wing?
Has anyone attempted to "bend" a 2017 handrail to fit the 2018 which is slightly shorter front-to-back?
Has anyone spotted a set that may be compatible?
Any after-market vendors working on making the grab rails more accessible and usable for the passenger?
I am guessing I will find a machine shop to engineer these. Likely, we will lose the helmet-lock.
Thanks!
Orwhthse

·
Registered
83 Posts
Traxxion Dynamics sells some after-market rails, but way too expensive, close to $600.
This is what I've done.
Took me nearly 2 days to make the first one, and 1 day to make the second one. I made a template and was easier for the next one. I thought it is not worth to spend that much time to make them, but... when I saw the price they are selling them for ??? I changed my mind. To hold them when lifting the bike is much easier because that is the more natural position to hold the hand when lifting. Also, I am much more happy if I make something myself than to buy it.

And I think they look good too...

41 - 60 of 67 Posts