GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
I always enjoy your videos, Fred ... wind noise or music.

I'm sure you've been on this route with the previous model GL!800. Please compare your experience with the new bike to the old one on this road. I'd be interested in hearing the comparison.

Also, now that you've had the bike for a while, what's your opinion of the wind protection of the faring and windscreen. Looked like the windscreen was up pretty high, but could be the camera angle.

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
What NO SNOW on the ground????????????????????????

I'm jealous!!!

Ronnie

Reactions: jlbc212

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Very cool!

Now I think I’ll go riding this morning.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Looks like a very nice place to ride. Was impressed the way the bike shifted. A lot smoother than me on a manual transmission pre 18 wing

·
Registered
12,497 Posts
I got a chance put the bike through its paces yesterday. Sorry, no music, just wind noise and the occasional peg scraping sound.

https://youtu.be/fgE4avNtkH0
...Awesome ride...
:thumbup:

Listening to the engine..
Watching the gear indicator..
Seeing it stay in preferred gear..
Watching that busy left thumb and forefinger selecting gears..

Thumb down shifting here..

.. I'm gonna guess you were in sport mode and manual shifting mode?
..aka paddle mode...

Just trying to confirm...
..after my outing and long post yesterday, MANUAL PADDLE MODE is quickly becoming my new first choice for riding.. auto mode for the sleepy ride home :)

Thanks for posting
Den

Attachments

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Nice Fred! Is that the large windshield?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nice video Fred!
The Three Twisted Sisters are my usual Sunday Morning Ride here...
What hard parts were you scraping?
Could more rear preload have prevented that?

My current bikes (Super Tenere and XSR900) have good clearance even when to the edge of the tires on that route...

·
Registered
998 Posts
Nice video. I noticed you do not use the front brake lever.

On my H-D with linked brakes I use the front brake lever, mainly because the brake pedal is a bit awkward to use. Also the pedal only activates one front caliper.

I would like to keep my fingers around the grips like you are.

Do you get good balanced braking using only the pedal? Does the linked system use both front calipers with the pedal only?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Great, amazing ride. Thank you very much!

Actually I prefer your videos without music to get the chance to listen to the engine when you are accelerate, switching gears and scratching the asphalt in the corners. If I need to listen to music I just turn on my radio at home :)

Now again watching the wind shield in action it confirmed my decision to put the shorter wind screen on the tour model in summer

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
The bike looks great from what I can see. It seems to take a line easily and then stay with it without rider input.
All ears on your rider review .... :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
919 Posts
Hey Dennis,
Check the first vid. The guage shows tour for the whole ride.

Fred...........I hope you have placed an order for pegs already. I think your going to need them :wink2:. I have seen what you did to pegs on the old bike.:surprise:

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
You know most folks dont buy a a heavy touring bike to show how fast they can ride it:serious:

Reactions: Farmguy
1 - 20 of 31 Posts