GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Vendor
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If your start switch does not turn the starter over to start your 6th gen. Wing, to get things to change, try doing this.
- with the ignition switch off, remove the "Smart" fuse
- cycle the ignition switch and the start button on and off
- reinstall the fuse and try starting the bike
- this maybe worth trying a couple of times

Some have reported that this simple procedure will get the bike started. If so, and if your Wing is under warranty, take it to Honda and be sure to tell them what occurred.

However, be aware, there is a reported case out there where the operator did all that, and once the ignition switch was turned on, the bike started by itself without him pressing on the start button. I believe something is breaking internally within the switch it self.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If your start switch does not turn the starter over to start your 6th gen. Wing, to get things to change, try doing this.

Some have reported that this simple procedure will get the bike started. If so, and if your Wing is under warranty, take it to Honda and be sure to tell them what occurred.

However, be aware, there is a reported case out there where the operator did all that, and once the ignition switch was turned on, the bike started by itself without him pressing on the start button. I believe something is breaking internally within the switch it self.
Very helpful. Could you remind me which is the "Smart" fuse? Thanks.

·
Vendor
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very helpful. Could you remind me which is the "Smart" fuse? Thanks.
Look on your fuse panel ... it should say "smart." It is probably fuse #24.

·
Registered
571 Posts

Hmmmmmm gremlins and (HOT) women!:nerd:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts