GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
OMG!! is a CT-users vs NayCTsayers!!!

I haven't seen one of these thread in ages

HONEY, BRING SOMETHING TO STAY AWAKE FOR A WEEK...IN THE DRUG CABINET HONEY.

yea, definitely, its winter, yea, there are 8,410, 225 register motorcycles in the USA, yea, 82% are parked in garages, yea, 18% are being winterized in this month, definitely, yea. Its time for a contentious CT thread yea, its snowing, yea

Reactions: Pricejh61

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
I would think "how the design of this tire walks away from you" has less of an effect compared the ability of the rider, the type of bike he is riding, and his familiarity with the road.

:doorag:
You are not being open-minded here murf :roll:...consider:

Which driverless motorcycle will outperform the other, the one with the CT or the one with the motto sneaker?

·
Registered
998 Posts
OMG!! is a CT-users vs NayCTsayers!!! I haven't seen one of these thread in ages. HONEY, BRING SOMETHING TO STAY AWAKE FOR A WEEK...IN THE DRUG CABINET HONEY.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin

Which group are the idiots? Never mind.

·
Super Moderator
9,364 Posts
I don't preach it's dangerous.
The engineers and experts do.
I'm just the messenger.
And do you have any idea why CT's are banned on motorcycles in some countries?
Just for $hits & giggles?
Do you have any idea why CTs are banned in other countries? Seriously, I 'm curious. Some laws fix problems, some laws cause problems and other laws "fix" problems nobody ever had but thought they might someday.

·
Premium Member
5,625 Posts
Sorry, I had not been paying attention.

There is a reason we have a forum for the Darksiders. Debate the best new CT for the new Wing over there, please.:wink2:

http://gl1800riders.com/forums/15-darkside-riders/

Subscribed to this thread now. So the CT vs MT debate is done here.

Reactions: INTHEWIND

·
Registered
998 Posts
Now for an age old motorcycle tire question: Why is the tread pattern reversed on motorcycle front tires when directional tread on car tires is not reversed front to rear?

After a bit of research the best answer is:

Most rear motorcycle tread patterns are similar in function to a car tire. The tread channels water to the sides of the tire when rolling into water. If like a car, the front tread would be the same.

Experience has shown that if this done on a motorcycle, due to the forces acting on the front tire, there will be a strong tendency for it to wear unevenly (cupping). This is due to how the tread edges deform and wear under load.

The front motorcycle tire is highly rounded (not flat side-to-side) and easily pushes water to the sides without needing much assistance from the tread. In addition, motorcycle front tires designed for high speed in the wet, will have a center tread groove to allow water an escape path from the center of the contact patch.

·
Registered
976 Posts
What year of African Twin is running a bias front and a radial rear? Honda's website shows the 2016 and 2017 MY's to have radials front and back.

Indian motorcycles run bias front and radial rears. The speed rating for both tires is the same which in this case is an H rating.

:doorag:
My Africa Twin is a 2016. It came with Dunlop radial rear, and bias ply front. I now have Continental TCK 70's which are in the same configuration. My next set will be Continental TCK 80's which are both bias ply.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.