GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
The bike shop I have been going to does work on many brands of bikes and they "pride themselves" with how many tires they sell, but I have never been pleased with them since the shop that really did tires well closed for retirement. I have no idea what they did to the original and I did not think to ask to see the parts. However, Honda Dealerships I have gone to for tires have had the attitude of "we will get the tire on the rim sometime this week" and they finally get to it when I complain minutes before closing time that I am still waiting for my tire.

But to be prepared to put OEM back, I will need to take the pictures and "wrong" part part number to a "good" dealer (not one near me) in hopes of figuring out the real number.
Here's a link to the parts fiche for your rear wheel. If the shop kept your tpms sensor, they now have a $150 part from your bike. The part you show with the rubber is 39402-MKC-A01. The 39401-MKC-A01 is the part that holds the tpms sensor in place. Where the extra nut came from is anyone's guess.
They may take pride in the number of tires they sell, but their installation is questionable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts