GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a question on a 2018 + trike kit???

Does anyone know the reason or procedure for a 2018+ trike conversion front fork rake, that they remove the complete fork assembly & give it back to the owner and replace it with what looks like the exact same HONDA fork assembly except it has the rake in it??

Just trying to figure out why they don't just change (rake) on the original fork? Or is it a completely different aftermarket fork modified with the rake on it? Seems they could keep the original for a core??

The price of a complete 2018 + fork assembly is not cheap!!!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Have a question on a 2018 + trike kit???

Does anyone know the reason or procedure for a 2018+ trike conversion front fork rake, that they remove the complete fork assembly & give it back to the owner and replace it with what looks like the exact same HONDA fork assembly except it has the rake in it??

Just trying to figure out why they don't just change (rake) on the original fork? Or is it a completely different aftermarket fork modified with the rake on it? Seems they could keep the original for a core??

The price of a complete 2018 + fork assembly is not cheap!!!
I have a 2018 DCT with a Roadsmith Kit. Roadsmith does remake the fork to achieve rake or what they now call reduced trail. Here is a link to their site http://trikeshop.com/trikes/htx1800/ Go to the Options Tab to read about it.

I believe other manufactures are doing this by the same method.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CSC mounts a totally different, I think Honda fork that is raked and gives back the owner the stock fork??? That is what they do . I know who triked it and I think I will have to ask them. Another rider wants to trike his but wants to understand why they don't use the original fork as the question is cost related..

·
Registered
367 Posts
CSC mounts a totally different, I think Honda fork that is raked and gives back the owner the stock fork??? That is what they do . I know who triked it and I think I will have to ask them. Another rider wants to trike his but wants to understand why they don't use the original fork as the question is cost related..
That’s what I’m saying that Roadsmith does. They make a complete new fork.

·
Registered
536 Posts
CSC uses a complete new assembly of their design with the correct rake & trail. The original fork is sitting with all my other take off parts. Roadsmith uses a new fork as well.
Hannigan modifies the original fork assembly by cutting and welding.

Here's a good picture that shows the difference of the stock fork and the CSC

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts