GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I’ve been looking at the 18-20 wings. If a White 18 was available in my area, I would of bought it. Instead, I had the choice of a White 20 or Black 19. I got a Black 19 and still grinning ear to ear. The difference between the 19 and 20 wasn’t worth the 5K difference. JMO

·
Registered
13 Posts
Been looking around the past few weeks for a deal on the Red 2018 manual, I found 2 at local area dealers for decent prices. When i went to the closest dealer that advertised 1 I was disappointed that it was sold 1 day prior to me showing up...BUT they had a Black 2019 manual that was their demo bike with only 203 miles on it and would let it go for just a small $$ increase above the new 2018 that had just sold.....Needless to say I pick up my Black 2019 tomorrow ?
And to top it off I haven't even test rode a new gen wing yet ? I just know i need one after reading all the reviews.
Should be quite a shock as I have been riding a 1986 GL1200 Aspencade for 10 years....I'm sooo excited ?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Been looking around the past few weeks for a deal on the Red 2018 manual, I found 2 at local area dealers for decent prices. When i went to the closest dealer that advertised 1 I was disappointed that it was sold 1 day prior to me showing up...BUT they had a Black 2019 manual that was their demo bike with only 203 miles on it and would let it go for just a small $$ increase above the new 2018 that had just sold.....Needless to say I pick up my Black 2019 tomorrow
And to top it off I haven't even test rode a new gen wing yet I just know i need one after reading all the reviews.
Should be quite a shock as I have been riding a 1986 GL1200 Aspencade for 10 years....I'm sooo excited
coincidence! i traded last year my 86 goldwing 1200 aspencade, 2012 buyed, for a 2019 dct tour red/black. it is an awesome change but the 2 gls are nearer to each one, imo, than a 1500 or a 'till 2017 gl to the 2018+ are. the other 2 gls are great ships, yes ships. the 1200 and the 2018+ are bikes and the last one is quite a sport bike as a gl and the most confortable gl i ever drove because it lets me change position on the bike. quite impossible with a 1500 or a 1800 'till 2017.
i had these gls: 1100 interstade, 1200 aspencade and a 1500 se, then again a 1200 aspencade and now the 2019 dct tour. i rode several 1800 2014-2017.
you won't regret, go for it and enjoy life.

Gesendet von meinem SM-A600FN mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,484 Posts
Sie haben eine beeindruckende Erfahrung mit den großen Honda Big Bikes. Beeindruckend!

TaubenuQartier Schlank (aks: prs)

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
That would be enough to keep me away from the 2020 model...they blacked out look is way overdone these days...
Agree...
To each their own but I hate the blacked out look. So dismal looking IMHO.
Then the Flat black........OMG. :oops:

Glad their are choices......just wish Honda would give us some color choices that pop!

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Glad their are choices......just wish Honda would give us some color choices that pop!
Yep. Just read an article about Royal Enfield's INT650. MSRP is under $6K and is available in 6 colors. Granted, it isn't enclosed in plastic like the GL, so that makes painting easier.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Rode away from dealer yesterday & instantly smiled just feeling the smooth power and technology of my new wing..Going from my 1986 aspencade technology for the past 10 years to the 2019 just blew my mind ?. From the heated seats n grips to the different ride modes (sport mode ?) and awesome braking, I'm definitely in love with this machine...Now that i got her home, i noticed some scuff marks and scratches throughout the bike (it was a demo) Since I live in Seattle and still have a LOT of rainy days ahead b4 summer ? i look forward to buffing & waxing her pretty and adding a few accessories to really make her Pop....Going to be a GREAT summer.....I Love my wing...

·
Registered
6,551 Posts
Rode away from dealer yesterday & instantly smiled just feeling the smooth power and technology of my new wing..Going from my 1986 aspencade technology for the past 10 years to the 2019 just blew my mind ?. From the heated seats n grips to the different ride modes (sport mode ?) and awesome braking, I'm definitely in love with this machine...Now that i got her home, i noticed some scuff marks and scratches throughout the bike (it was a demo) Since I live in Seattle and still have a LOT of rainy days ahead b4 summer ? i look forward to buffing & waxing her pretty and adding a few accessories to really make her Pop....Going to be a GREAT summer.....I Love my wing...
Congrats on your new wing...hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts

ah! don't worry about the scuff marks, they don't effect the ride; Besides, its probably nothing that a good wax gig won't cure.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Got the back half waxed up last night and she looks much better....the black looks awesome but really shows all the little smudges n scratches so ill just have to get used to it and just Ride ?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts