GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, boys and girls, I think this will be my last question for today.

Is there any port/plug on the Wing to plug in heated clothing, battery tender ?

I have forever just connected the leads straight from the battery on all past bikes and left about 6 inches inches hanging out from under the seat.

Thanks,

Dennis

·
Registered
470 Posts
OK, boys and girls, I think this will be my last question for today.

Is there any port/plug on the Wing to plug in heated clothing, battery tender ?

I have forever just connected the leads straight from the battery on all past bikes and left about 6 inches inches hanging out from under the seat.

Thanks,

Dennis
It comes with a battery tender cable connected directly to the battery behind the left side cover. I had my dealer swap it for a getting harness which comes out between the seat and side cover. I use an adapter to hook up the battery tender to the getting harness.

Sent from my BTV-W09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It comes with a battery tender cable connected directly to the battery behind the left side cover. I had my dealer swap it for a getting harness which comes out between the seat and side cover. I use an adapter to hook up the battery tender to the getting harness.

Whoa !! Thanks !!!

·
Registered
8,751 Posts

The dealer sometimes puts one on, not 100%.:smile2:
They are easy to install.:smile2:
I put a Gerbing female connector on mine and use it for heated clothing and battery tender.:grin2:

·
Love The DCT
12,026 Posts

The bikes are not shipped with a battery tender harness. If the bike does have one, it has been installed by the dealer.

:doorag:

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The bikes are not shipped with a battery tender harness. If the bike does have one, it has been installed by the dealer.

:doorag:
.....................hmmmm.....................I'm sure not counting on THAT.
Thanks.

·
Registered
794 Posts

The bikes come with a Battery Tender cable? I don't think i saw one when I took my battery out late last fall. What would I be looking for? Thanks.

·
Registered
794 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The dealer sometimes puts one on, not 100%.:smile2:
They are easy to install.:smile2:
I put a Gerbing female connector on mine and use it for heated clothing and battery tender.:grin2:

I connected my trickle charger wire and heated clothing wire today directly to the battery. Whether the dealer is "supposed" to give you one, I don't know. But, mine didn't have one back there.

The only small 'problem' I had was tucking those wires in and getting the left side cover back on completely. Not really a 'problem' obviously.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Does this work with other brands of heated clothing? I have First Gear.

·
Registered
8,751 Posts
Does this work with other brands of heated clothing? I have First Gear.

The First gear Battery Harness,
It looks the same as mine. It will work .:smile2:

I soldered a male connector wire to my battery charger wire so I could plug it into the female coaxial connector to the battery.
It hangs out a couple of inches between the side cover and the seat.
Make sure the polarity is correct.
That way I wouldn't have 2 wires connected to the battery, I only need one wire.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts