GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if anyone is having the same problem as me. I have a Nuvi 255w and did the upgrade map through Garmin Express. Which the unit has a memory card that I take the map image off of. Which I've been doing for the last five map upgrades and has worked great. Now I just upgraded the unit and it says installed 2019.11. So I took the map image and did my thing and tried it on the wing. 2010. And it works but, It says the map is still 2019.10. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. Any help, Thanks

·
Registered
861 Posts
Mine said the same thing on my 2017 after I loaded 2019.11.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I heard that all they changed in that update was a time zone file, so it's possible the map version itself didn't change.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay I've run into another problem with this new map. The map works okay follows me, small roads, big roads. That's all good. Don't know if anyone else has had this problem. But I was out the other day and tried to find a place through the address, and it came up No map image. So hit okay and tried intersection. Same thing. I've redone the card six times and used new card with same results. My favorites work. Don't know if I'm doing something wrong or it's the map. I don't know how to get map image from basecamp. If someone could explain that to me that'd be great. I've done this process a lot with no problems till now. I've got the last one in the bike now and it's all good.

Thanks

·
Registered
861 Posts
Just tried to enter an address with 209.11 and had no problem. Some one else I know tried to enter his home address while he was on a trip and he had a problem. He said after he got home he tried it again with out any trouble. he also has 2019.11. Has anyone had a similar problem with the factory supplied mapset ?

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
I Too Had Issues !!!

I too had issues with the new maps 2019.11 update.

I've been updating my wing NAV since my 2006. Not had any issues until now. I used Garmin Mapsource then updated to BaseCamp when it was released. I've built
hundreds of routes, uploading to the wing and riding without issue for many years, until now.

I updated my 660 and laptop with the new mapset, then updated the wing with 2019.11 without any issues until I uploaded a new route. The wing stated the maps were not the same and recalculated the route. I tried this many times using many routes and continued getting the same result. I uninstalled the new maps on both devices and reinstalled fresh copies but continued getting the same results. So, I returned back to 2019.10 maps on the wing, leaving 2019.11 on the 660 and my laptop. Now everything is working just fine. Comparing the files to each other, nothing has changed in size.

I'm going to wait for the new true mapset update and try this again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts