GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I remembered reading somewhere here about problems with the CB on the 2018/19 GL. Everything works fine on mine except I do not hear other CBs. The hear me perfectly. The NAV, XM, FM, AM, all work fine - only the CB. Even with the CB volume all the way up I can barely hear other riders - when stopped. If I am moving, forget it.

The bike has the latest software update from Honda. The squelch is adjusted properly. I have used CBs for years and the one on my 06 works just fine. Any direction to other links, forums or outright assistance will be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I have a 2019 GL DCDT airbag with the factory CB and J&M BT-04 headset. The volume is fine. Make sure your CB is not being muted and your squelch is set right.
Make sure the cb output is switched to headset. If you want to test switch the output to speaker and see if you have loud audio.

Switching between speaker and headset
• To switch the CB radio sound output between Speaker and Headset, press the CB
button. The displayed icon changes between and accordingly.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Several members, including myself, are having the same volume problem. Latest updates from J&M and Honda didnt make a difference. With my CB volume set at 20 (Max) I can hear the transmissions but it shouldnt need to be that high.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, previously tested all the above. Low volume on speakers or headset. Squelch set properly. All other audio sources work fine on speaker or headset (Sena 20S).

·
Registered
498 Posts
If you have checked all the controls, then my next set would be to check the connectors at the CB, make sure there are no bent pins, although this is uncommon it does happen. Start at the CB and check all the connectors going to the CB controller.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CB

All connectors have been cleaned and checked - still erratic volume performance. Honda has some test units they are having dealers put in bikes to try and solve the problems. Right now they are all out in the field and my dealer cannot get one. Sounds like the problem is a little more widespread than I thought. I was talking to a motor officer yesterday and he is having the same problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts