GL1800Riders Forums banner

41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
8,515 Posts
I canceled my reservation, couldn't find a roomie.

Decided to go to NC in late Oct for Fall Colors instead.

Have a two-bed room reserved near Robbinsville for three nights, Oct 17th-Oct 20th if anyone's interested in joining me.

·
IronMan
17,090 Posts
i canceled my reservation, couldn't find a roomie.

decided to go to nc in late oct for fall colors instead.

have a two-bed room reserved near robbinsville for three nights, oct 17th-oct 20th if anyone's interested in joining me.
week after darkside ride bunch going to bryson city again

·
Registered
8,515 Posts
week after darkside ride bunch going to bryson city again

I saw that John,... couldn't find a roomie there either. WHAT? Do I have a black mark on my head for some reason? :wink2:

·
Registered
686 Posts
Sorry, guys; I'm going to have to skip this one. I have family responsibilities. I hope you all have a great ride-in.

Ride Safe,
Jeff

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Height of the fall colors here during the ride-in.

·
IronMan
17,090 Posts
That will be nice in montrose now at rockies gold and leaves barely changing and were even one week later this year on ride !

·
Registered
132 Posts
Are any NC folks riding up on Wednesday or Thursday. I’ll be leaving from Durham area.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Are any NC folks riding up on Wednesday or Thursday. I’ll be leaving from Durham area.
That's a fine looking chicken in your avatar, I bet Obwan would love to have it!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I canceled my reservation, couldn't find a roomie.

Decided to go to NC in late Oct for Fall Colors instead.

Have a two-bed room reserved near Robbinsville for three nights, Oct 17th-Oct 20th if anyone's interested in joining me.
If you still wanna come on up, I can split my room with you.

·
Registered
8,515 Posts
If you still wanna come on up, I can split my room with you.
Too late Joe,... My reservation in NC was a cheap 'non-refundable' rate. I'm stuck with it.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Sorry Greg, but you gave it to me and I gave it to Motor3 in Maggie Valley. So keep your trunk locked and check your kill switch every day:wink2:

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Last time someone gave me the chicken, I had it for 2 years befors I found it. LOL.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Ok all, Time is counting down for the Fall Ride in. CAC (Clair) and I, are finalizing some suggested routes. Hopefully if it works out, I will have them available on a SD card so you can copy them to you device. Had a problem with the computer and couldn't load the maps. Garmin is sending them to me on one of their devices. I just don't know I will have them in time.

CAC will be leading the faster group, and I will take the slower group, for those that want to group up, on the routes. Lotsa curves so get ready.

Please post when your coming in so we can plan accordingly. Thanks.

·
IronMan
17,090 Posts
Share room

Have a room if someone thinking of going to this .

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Ok all, Time is counting down for the Fall Ride in. CAC (Clair) and I, are finalizing some suggested routes. Hopefully if it works out, I will have them available on a SD card so you can copy them to you device. Had a problem with the computer and couldn't load the maps. Garmin is sending them to me on one of their devices. I just don't know I will have them in time.

CAC will be leading the faster group, and I will take the slower group, for those that want to group up, on the routes. Lotsa curves so get ready.

Please post when your coming in so we can plan accordingly. Thanks.
I put together a ride that may get you tired of turning by the end of it. Not much elevation change, but approximately 300 miles of pretty steady turning in some beautiful scenic country. The problem is that it starts about 35 to 40 miles from Somerset. It's not a bad ride down off the mountain though. Two main routes are the historic Lincoln Highway (Rt 30), which is a nice ride just nothing extreme, and Rt 31 with a side road that is pretty nice. I am heading out today to ride the entire thing and check out times and gas stops. I will report later on total time it takes and see if I have to delete or add any roads. I will try and get it on google maps, but it doesn't seem to user friendly.

EDIT / "Clair-i-fication: When say not much elevation change, plenty of "hills" but only a few Mountains. There are no flat areas in PA! LOL

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I am currently on the fence about making it. Recently found out my kids are all on Fall Break next week. Will wait till last minute to cancel my room reservation, because I won't know what their plans are, but should know by Monday. I really just need a clone. LOL

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I will be coming in on Thursday afternoon. I am riding in with Lyle and Barb.

41 - 60 of 91 Posts