GL1800Riders Forums banner

61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
I will be coming in on Thursday afternoon. I am riding in with Lyle and Barb.

I'll be there. Let me know what time about you all are arriving.

Hope you make it Joe Hall.

·
IronMan
17,136 Posts
Got a call today on rooms from yhe motel ! Wanted to know if still needed the king and queen rooms that are on hold ? !!! I have one but she was asking about "extras " that are on hold ????

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Got a call today on rooms from yhe motel ! Wanted to know if still needed the king and queen rooms that are on hold ? !!! I have one but she was asking about "extras " that are on hold ????

I'll call and check.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Ok, I talked to the hotel, They just wanted to let me know that they are almost sold out for the weekend of our ride in.

They are going to hold the last few rooms open until Tomorrow evening 6PM eastern time for our group.

Anybody else on the fence should decide quick to get the DS rate.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #65

·
IronMan
17,136 Posts
Day WEATHER LOOKING GOOD !!

Description
High / Low
Precip
Wind
Humidity
Tonight

OCT 4
Clear
--37°
10%
ESE 9 mph
77%
Sat

OCT 5
Mostly Sunny
59°50°
10%
SE 16 mph
64%
Sun

OCT 6
Showers
69°56°
40%
SSW 10 mph
79%
Mon

OCT 7
Rain
59°42°
70%
WNW 8 mph
95%
Tue

OCT 8
Mostly Sunny
60°38°
20%
NE 7 mph
73%
Wed

OCT 9
Sunny
62°40°
20%
SE 9 mph
69%
Thu

OCT 10
Mostly Sunny
63°40°
10%
SE 10 mph
68%
Fri

OCT 11
Mostly Sunny
65°41°
20%
SSE 9 mph
67%

UV Index
Sunrise
Sunset
Moonrise
Moonset

5 of 10
7:22 am
6:42 pm
6:10 pm
5:00 am

Sunny along with a few clouds. High around 65F. Wi

·
IronMan
17,136 Posts
Btt

·
Registered
140 Posts
I should be arriving mid to late afternoon on Thursday. There will be reports of a yellow flash from NC to PA that day.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
I should be arriving mid to late afternoon on Thursday. There will be reports of a yellow flash from NC to PA that day.

WOW Some guys would become the yellow flash just to get rid of the chicken.:grin2:

·
IronMan
17,136 Posts
Still got room to share !! Getting close to cancel time !

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Well, you have a room and Joe Hall has a room, get together.:laugh:
I cancelled mine a few days ago, since I will not be able to attend. I recently figured out (shoulda realized it earlier) that two of my three kids are on Fall break this week. Lots of stuff to get done while they have a brief pause. Will be in Somerset in spirit though. Y'all have fun.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Just a note to say Thanks to all who came for the ride in. Everyone had a good time and good riding.
Special thanks to CAC and Gary4565 for helping to map out some rides for the guys.
Murgie and Travelinglite also came for the festivities.

The only mishap for the ride, happened to Motor3 (aka Deerslayer). He hit a deer, luckily it was a small one and Motor3 was able to keep the bike up and not wreck. His bike is still drive-able.

Safe travels to everyone on the way back tomorrow.

Thanks again to all,

obwan

·
Registered
201 Posts
I was home by 10:30 this morning and Harvey probably another 10 minutes (after he filled up). Fog wasn't a problem and the cold not bad. Had a good time and it was good to see everyone again. Been a few years, Gary. Thanks to Obwan and all for setting this up and leading some good rides. We're thinking Marietta in the spring. Not sure where yet. Microtel was ok, but maybe we'll do better. Thursday after Mothers Day seems to work well, and is a week before Memorial Day. I'll start a thread later. Where is that chicken?

61 - 80 of 91 Posts