GL1800Riders Forums banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Now it's more of a brown streak heading back to Tarheel country.
I hit so much rain I think most of the deer crap is gone. But Larry you need to worry about checking for stowaways. Good to see you and everyone again. Good times!

Special thanks to Lyle and Barb for the instant hand warmers for my trip home. CAC for the great Friday route, and everyone who helped during and after my deer strike. Pulled the fan fuse just in case, then tested all my lights and got my hazard switched stuck. Rode the whole way home with hazards flashing, like I was super important. Great bunch of friends and lots of great conversations. Til next time!

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
It was good seeing everyone again and some new ones! Barb and I got home about 12:30! We had a GREAT time! Thanks obwan for putting it together and Larry and obwan for leading the rides. Hope to see you all next spring!
Lyle

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I hit so much rain I think most of the deer crap is gone. But Larry you need to worry about checking for stowaways. Good to see you and everyone again. Good times!

Special thanks to Lyle and Barb for the instant hand warmers for my trip home. CAC for the great Friday route, and everyone who helped during and after my deer strike. Pulled the fan fuse just in case, then tested all my lights and got my hazard switched stuck. Rode the whole way home with hazards flashing, like I was super important. Great bunch of friends and lots of great conversations. Til next time!
It was great meeting you and riding with you. So glad your mishap wasn’t worse than it was and you came away unscathed. Glad you enjoyed the ride and scenery. It doesn’t compete with your southern roads, but nice in it’s own way. I had a good time, thanks

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I made it home around 3pm. A sunny ride all the way with some fog patches first thing in the low lying areas. It was quite windy the whole way home. A huge shout out to Obwan for putting this together, as well as for saving my sorry a$$. I forgot to check my tire and it was shot. He drove home and got me a brand new Primacy from his private stash as well as a rim and used tire so I could get mine replaced while we rode for the day. The riding was great and the lack of rain was a huge bonus (for our ride anyway😁). Look forward to seeing y'all at the spring ride in. I wonder who has the chicken Larry. You seemed to have had the inside scoop on Saturday morning on it.

·
DSI Keeper
9,098 Posts
... Rode the whole way home with hazards flashing,...
It was fairly cool that morning and may have thickened the grease in the switch. Try taking a hairdryer to it and see if it was loosen up enough to release.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I made it home around 3pm. A sunny ride all the way with some fog patches first thing in the low lying areas. It was quite windy the whole way home. A huge shout out to Obwan for putting this together, as well as for saving my sorry a$$. I forgot to check my tire and it was shot. He drove home and got me a brand new Primacy from his private stash as well as a rim and used tire so I could get mine replaced while we rode for the day. The riding was great and the lack of rain was a huge bonus (for our ride anyway😁). Look forward to seeing y'all at the spring ride in. I wonder who has the chicken Larry. You seemed to have had the inside scoop on Saturday morning on it.

Yes, Larry flipped a quarter at supper and said heads ribs and tails Chicken, and it came up tails and he said chicken it is!:laugh:

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
I have a new pet, but I think some of you knew that. Tails it is. I'll take good care of it for about 7 months then it'll up for adoption!

LarryM, Don't forget to feed the chicken!!
!:surprise:

·
IronMan
17,090 Posts
Made it to ohio yesterday heading to bryson city nc in the morning for the week . Glad all made it ok had great time see ya in the spring

·
Registered
132 Posts
Doritos and beer Larry. That’s all he seems to eat. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
If Larry keeps the chicken as clean as he keeps his bike the chicken may not want to leave him!

81 - 91 of 91 Posts