GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
motorcycle cowboy
935 Posts
If the weather is better than last year I assume we are meeting at Cumberland Falls Dupont Lodge at noon. Hardees Wartburg at 10:00?

I would think so. Folks have been posting for this ride on last years ride page.

·
motorcycle cowboy
935 Posts
Shorty and Dianne from Clinton TN, would love to join you :)

Come and join us. New Years day is looking pretty good right now.:laugh:

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
The way the weather is shaping up, this may be doable. Forecast only goes to Sunday, but it is supposed to be 42 then.

Still, probably more drunks on the road New Year eve and day, than any other days of the year. That has been a concern for me since 17 years old, when rear ended by a drunk on New Year's eve. The butthead was bare even coherent of what he'd done. Just sat slumped over the wheel.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
I will be coming from Owensboro Ky if anybody wants to meet up. (I am a 10 over kind of guy)

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Looks like 180-200 miles for me, and would need to leave the house by 7AM. Probably not gonna happen.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I misread post #1 here, and understood it to be around Wartburg, TN, with show time at 10AM. But now I see it is in KY, a few miles south of Somerset, and showtime is 12 noon. That's only about 150 miles for me, and 12 noon is much more doable.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
I misread post #1 here, and understood it to be around Wartburg, TN, with show time at 10AM. But now I see it is in KY, a few miles south of Somerset, and showtime is 12 noon. That's only about 150 miles for me, and 12 noon is much more doable.
Make note that is 12 eastern, 11 central

·
motorcycle cowboy
935 Posts

Joe, the Tennessee guys, more specifically around the Knoxville area, have been meeting in Wartburg and riding up together to Cumberland Falls. Hope you can make it.

https://parks.ky.gov/parks/resortparks/cumberland-falls/

Reactions: JoeHall

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Reactions: rooster shooter

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Joe,

I'm planning to run from Shepherdsville to I-64 East to I-75 South. Anywhere to meet up and ride down together?

Eric
I was planning to bypass E'Town, then go through Hodgensville, Campbellsville, and Columbia. That is the first 75 miles, then get on Cumberland Pkwy and go toward Somerset. The exit is just before Somerset, I believe. Those are nice roads, and minimal traffic. Maybe I will go with you on your route, then come back my way.
Thanks

·
Registered
679 Posts
I was planning to bypass E'Town, then go through Hodgensville, Campbellsville, and Columbia. That is the first 75 miles, then get on Cumberland Pkwy and go toward Somerset. The exit is just before Somerset, I believe. Those are nice roads, and minimal traffic. Maybe I will go with you on your route, then come back my way.
Thanks
Either way is fine with me, I was thinking you were more East/North of me and picked the interstate route thinking it would be best for you.

From Shepherdsville, where would be best to meet? Either way we go...

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I’m planning to leave out of Nashville a little before 0700 and hook up with Duckster in Bowling Green for the rest of the ride to Cumberland Falls. Anyone else coming out of Nashville?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Either way is fine with me, I was thinking you were more East/North of me and picked the interstate route thinking it would be best for you.

From Shepherdsville, where would be best to meet? Either way we go...
How about McDonalds at I-65 exit 105, Lebanon Junction, 8:45-9:00AM ?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts