GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://powersports.honda.com/goldwing/2020/index.html

Honda today disclosed the colors and pricing of the 2020 models in the Gold Wing family, all of which will be available beginning in January.

In addition to new colors, the Gold Wing models feature several convenience/comfort refinements for 2020:

Fog lights standard on Tour models, for improved visibility in varying conditions.
On Tour models, reshaped rear-seat grab handles provide improved ergonomics for passengers of all body types.
Saddlebag-mounted USB charger on all models (previously standard only on Airbag model) joins dash-mounted charger for increased charging options.
Updated front and rear suspension settings.
Revised button on center storage pocket features improved action.
Minor software updates on navigation system.
Blacked-out engine, frame and wheels now available on Pearl Glare White Tour and Tour DCT.
All-new black with anodized surfaces available on Gold Wing and Gold Wing DCT.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Looks like Honda has granted more than a couple of wishes for 2020.

·
Vendor
17,784 Posts

·
Vendor
17,784 Posts
Cool on the bike though. I’m glad there’s some minor tweaks. That means there is hope for the future in some areas.
History shows that Honda will continue to perfect the Wing until, at least in their eyes, there is nothing left to improve. That seems to make them unique ... create something, improve on it, learn from it, and move on. Owner's often say "just when they perfected it, they discontinued making it and come out with a new model."

·
Registered
963 Posts
I wonder if the "reshaped grab handles" can be purchased and bolted on to previous year bikes. Assuming of course they provide some semblance of improvement.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I'm still waiting for Honda to proudly put "GoldWing" emblems on the side of them.
I find it ironic that the Goldwing emblems on the sides of my black '06 are silver.

Reactions: cycledude

·
Registered
19,223 Posts
2020 Opinion breakdown for me:
Fog lights standard on Tour models-GREAT
Tour models, reshaped rear-seat grab handles- GREAT I THINK-CANT BE WORSE
Saddlebag-mounted USB charger on all models-INDIFFERENT -MIDDLE STORAGE KEEPS CELL CHARGED
Updated front and rear suspension settings.-MAYBE LESS BOUNCY ON REAR
Revised button on center storage pocket features improved action.-NEEDED
Minor software updates on navigation system.-AVAILABLE NOW
Blacked-out engine, frame and wheels now available-WELCOME-

I hope the new grab handles can be fitted to the 18-19 models. Not a fan of the Traxxion versions

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
whew! after installing a crap load of lights on my 18, Im safe. the suspension and nav updates should be available to us for download and the cubby button and handles should fit ours as well, so thats all good. the blacked out parts though....yummy, but not worth trading in.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Im sure that the grab handles will fit the previous models. WHY? Honda did not change the frame and the seat .So pretty sure it is just a shape change. maybe slightly higher , or sticks out further

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I assume the NAV update will be available for the rest of us in Jan 2020.......hopefully it's worthwhile.

The term "minor updates" makes me wonder.....

1 - 20 of 132 Posts