GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The specifics on the changes to the new wing are rather sketchy, does Honda wait awhile to release the exact changes usually or do we all have to wait for ride reviews from new owners once they reach the states? Seems like specifics and improvements might get people like me to take the plunge and add another wing, still loving my 05 that just turned 89K. But I believe I’d like some more of the upgrades of a new one especially the ABS and heated seat and grips here in Minnesota.

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
I heard that Honda upgraded passenger handrails.

No word yet on passenger storage cubbies, better radio reception or a decent helmet lock.

Something to look forward to on the 2021 model.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most interested in what was changed on the suspension, some are liking it as is, some like me that have the Traxxion upgrade already are skeptical there’d be happy with stock suspension unless Honda did some magic on the 2020. Also the navigation, radio reception etc.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
There's information out there but it would be nice to hear the details.......

Suspension changes......what is changed, hardware, software, both?
DCT changes......what is being changed specifically?
EFI management....what is being changed specifically? Is it available for the 2018/19?
GPS.......what is being changed. Can we download it?

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
Most interested in what was changed on the suspension, some are liking it as is, some like me that have the Traxxion upgrade already are skeptical there’d be happy with stock suspension unless Honda did some magic on the 2020. Also the navigation, radio reception etc.
"What's past is prologue. " Translation: Don't hold your breath on a suspension upgrade.

How long did we wait for Honda to improve the suspension on the previous version?

For a reminder, google "drill a hole in a nickle".:smile2:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did that first got tired of that too and went Traxxion full Monty, just not to excited about doing the whole suspension upgrade all over again IF I couldn’t live with stock.

·
Registered
419 Posts
My thought was the improvements read just like it did for the 2018 over the older models, with the exception of the hand rails, word for word it sounds like nothing has changed but the color from 2018.
If you never saw or heard the 2018/19, reading the promo, you would think it was another complete new design this year.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
There are not $7000 in improvements between the 2020 Tour DCT and the 2018 model (discounted price).
Problem is that's not the difference in price........Here's an example already @ Schroader's for a 2020.
No idea what the "improvements" are worth, but this brings things a lot closer.

2020 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
$28,500 MSRP
$24,370 Selling price

$4130 off on a 2020 model.

https://schroaders.com/Motorcycles-...ille-NC-f1b36591-9214-473c-b6bc-aaf0015df620G

2020 HONDA GOLDWING Tour DCT
MSRP $28,500
Our Price
$24,370

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Problem is that's not the difference in price........Here's an example already @ Schroader's for a 2020.
No idea what the "improvements" are worth, but this brings things a lot closer.

2020 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
$28,500 MSRP
$24,370 Selling price

$4130 off on a 2020 model.
A good comparison would be Schroader's selling price for a white 2018 two months prior to their release. My guess is there wasn't much of a difference between then and now.

Reactions: Rick in MN.

·
Registered
867 Posts
The specifics on the changes to the new wing are rather sketchy, does Honda wait awhile to release the exact changes usually or do we all have to wait for ride reviews from new owners once they reach the states? Seems like specifics and improvements might get people like me to take the plunge and add another wing, still loving my 05 that just turned 89K. But I believe I’d like some more of the upgrades of a new one especially the ABS and heated seat and grips here in Minnesota.
I received an email from Honda today, matter of fact, detailing the changes on the 2020.

·
Registered
867 Posts
...and??? Care to share?
I'm surprised many of you, if not all NEW buyers, didn't get the same email. Anyway.............. I didn't mention anything yesterday because there is really nothing to mention other than a few things most probably already know, especially if you sniff around on this forum.

New grab rails. The positioning of them is WAY better than what it is now. An ADDITIONAL USB ( is that the correct name ?? ) plug has been added to the top trunk on tour models. "Improved" GPS. "Improved suspension. And something else I believe that I cannot think of at the moment.

Other than those tiny "improvements," the same bike. Oh........ costs more $$$$ of course.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I wouldnt go by the MSRP price unless youre living in Indiana...thems bastitches didnt want to come up off of MSRP on the 2018. got mine in Texas for 23,500. youll see similar prices on the 2020

·
Registered
795 Posts
I'm surprised many of you, if not all NEW buyers, didn't get the same email. Anyway.............. I didn't mention anything yesterday because there is really nothing to mention other than a few things most probably already know, especially if you sniff around on this forum.

New grab rails. The positioning of them is WAY better than what it is now. An ADDITIONAL USB ( is that the correct name ?? ) plug has been added to the top trunk on tour models. "Improved" GPS. "Improved suspension. And something else I believe that I cannot think of at the moment.

Other than those tiny "improvements," the same bike. Oh........ costs more $$$$ of course.
Canadian DCT Tour MSRP has changed from (2019) $C 32,399 to (2020) $C 32,799, so +$400 Can, more $ for sure, but certainly not more $$$$. :smile2:

I would bet the majority of '18-'19 owners would GLADLY pay $C 400 for whatever (real or perceived) modifications to the DCT, Nav, Suspension 'improvements' have been made.

Tim

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Canadian DCT Tour MSRP has changed from (2019) $C 32,399 to (2020) $C 32,799, so +$400 Can, more $ for sure, but certainly not more $$$$. :smile2:

I would bet the majority of '18-'19 owners would GLADLY pay $C 400 for whatever (real or perceived) modifications to the DCT, Nav, Suspension 'improvements' have been made.

Tim
of course. the lights cost more than that.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts