GL1800Riders Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Despite a $30,000 buy in, most buyers will wind up with $35,000-$45,000 in their new Harleys. Dealers will convince buyers that, as is, the bike is basically junk. But luckily, the dealer can help, with an entire line of accessories to, "upgrade" power, suspension, lighting, comfort, etc.. HD has perfected this approach, but others are learning to follow suit. Where HD has gotten out front, is in offering their own line of accessories, whereas other motorcycle companies have not. At least not to the extent HD has.

As for black, who would even want a Harley in any other color? LOL

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
I read it as black $600 less than the others.

"Pricing begins at $28,299 for the Vivid Black version, but there are 10 other options if you’d like your Limited to be extra limited. A color other than black costs an extra $600, while a two-tone retails for $29,349. Then there are custom color options for $29,599, and if you’d like to spend more than $30K, check out the two-tone custom color for $30,499."

We can only dream about so many colour options.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/mot...-look/ar-AAGlsiR?li=BBnb4R5#image=AAGlsiR_1|3

·
Registered
61 Posts
Another new feature is the availability of H-D Connect, a subscription-based service that connects the Glide to a smartphone...

Now you're talking! A subscription based service now how about that. And we have to struggle along gamely with Apple Car Play. Sheesh...

:shrug:

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I read it as black $600 less than the others.

"Pricing begins at $28,299 for the Vivid Black version, but there are 10 other options if you’d like your Limited to be extra limited. A color other than black costs an extra $600, while a two-tone retails for $29,349. Then there are custom color options for $29,599, and if you’d like to spend more than $30K, check out the two-tone custom color for $30,499."

We can only dream about so many colour options.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/mot...-look/ar-AAGlsiR?li=BBnb4R5#image=AAGlsiR_1|3
You're right, the $1,900.00 is referring to the black finish package, which is basically blacked out everything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
413 Posts
Did anyone notice Harley is recalling a large number of bikes?

·
Registered
616 Posts
I like a few of the color options this year, but MAN the price for a Road Glide Ultra (Limited) is getting out of hand. I paid $21700 for my 2011 RGU and $23200 for my 2016 RGU. Last year I paid $23500 for my 2018 DCT Wing. Harley prices are out of control in my opinion, they need to do something about that quickly.

On the plus side the Heritage Softail can finally be bought chromed out and with the clear windshield again, no more forced blackout stuff! As it should be.

·
IronMan
17,631 Posts
WHATS A HARLEY ???? !!! :surprise::shrug::shrug::hun1::chat::wink2:

Reactions: zg1286

·
Registered
81 Posts
Despite a $30,000 buy in, most buyers will wind up with $35,000-$45,000 in their new Harleys. Dealers will convince buyers that, as is, the bike is basically junk. But luckily, the dealer can help, with an entire line of accessories to, "upgrade" power, suspension, lighting, comfort, etc.. HD has perfected this approach, but others are learning to follow suit. Where HD has gotten out front, is in offering their own line of accessories, whereas other motorcycle companies have not. At least not to the extent HD has.

As for black, who would even want a Harley in any other color? LOL

Sadly having been one of their customers ,they sell you the over priced garbage first as a starter kit and then sell you more garbage to make it rideable, almost, at 1,000% markup. Still a total joke.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Sadly having been one of their customers ,they sell you the over priced garbage first as a starter kit and then sell you more garbage to make it rideable, almost, at 1,000% markup. Still a total joke.
On a positive note, the brand new, unused, take off parts are abundant and ridiculously cheap for bottom feeders like myself. I have bought new air shocks for $30 a pair, new Police seats for $25, brake calipers for $40, etc.. Many buyers have those parts replaced before even taking delivery of the bike. The SC line probably saved Harley from going bankrupt several decades ago, and has became a cash cow, that pays increasingly.

I will always have a soft spot in heart for Harleys though. And will not say that I will never on another one. But not today. LOL

·
Registered
756 Posts
This thread is going to tank. Here’s the inevitable:

**** 100 year old technology. And those who buy are just knuckle draggers. Surely they qualify for an after birth abortion that has become so popular these days.

The 30k price tag is starting to bounce the rev limiter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
It is said that the full purchase price for a Harley is just the down payment. Only then can the acquisition of farkels begin. But they’re worth it. My Goldwing is an excellent Appliance, the Triumph is Garage Art and the Harley has a Soul!

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think things like their Reflex Defensive Rider System is very reasonable at $995.00 with safety aids like traction control, lean angle-sensitive and electronically linked Brembo brakes with cornering ABS, Electronic slipper clutch, hill holder function, and TPMS. That's a lot of bang for the buck. But they seem to put a real premium on appearance items, like painted pin striping, and the blacked finish package .

·
Registered
315 Posts
It is said that the full purchase price for a Harley is just the down payment. Only then can the acquisition of farkels begin. But they’re worth it. My Goldwing is an excellent Appliance, the Triumph is Garage Art and the Harley has a Soul!
One man’s opinion... I happen to think my 2019 Gold wing Tour in Hawkseye Pearl Blue is better looking and more of everything than any Harley. And as far as soul goes, I see a lot of very expensive 2 year old used Harley’s sitting in various Honda, Yamaha, and Kawasaki dealers... Must of not had that “That much soul” or their previous owners would still have them :smile2:
Again... one man’s opinion

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
An air cooled V-twin touring bike of any brand is just not my thing. After reading comments on YouTube regarding the 2020 bikes release, there just seems to be an abundance of negative remarks from the HD community on there products, much the same as what has been said here. Recently I was told buy a long time HD rider that the local HD dealer near me for years is closing,...another sign of the times? I just cannot see their new adventure bike, the street fighter, or the electric bikes saving the company. People just do not see those types of bikes as a Harley, but I may be wrong.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
What are "lean angle sensitive brakes" Sounds like just when you are about to have fun dragging parts they try to slow you down.

Anyway I love the last picture with the Orange bike. Amboy California at Roy's Café. I grew up in Twentynine Palms less than 50 miles away (practically next door by desert terms).

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What are "lean angle sensitive brakes" Sounds like just when you are about to have fun dragging parts they try to slow you down.

Anyway I love the last picture with the Orange bike. Amboy California at Roy's Café. I grew up in Twentynine Palms less than 50 miles away (practically next door by desert terms).
Im not all that familiar with it, but it is supposed to be a more intelligent system than standard ABS. As a motorcycle leans, it uses a certain amount of the tires available traction for turning, the system is supposed to be smarter and can make a better analysis of how much traction can be dedicated for turning and how much can be used for braking. The difference is that upright and in a straight line, all of the tires traction is available for braking, but in a turn ( Leaned over) it's not, so standard ABS don't go far enough.

·
Registered
4,729 Posts
This thread is going to tank. Here’s the inevitable:

**** 100 year old technology. And those who buy are just knuckle draggers. Surely they qualify for an after birth abortion that has become so popular these days.

The 30k price tag is starting to bounce the rev limiter
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, those antigue pushrod engines will never put out any horsepower. Btw, GW engine tech is more than 100 years old and despite all that Harley STILL kicks Hondas azz in touring bike sales. >:)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.