GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Booking is now open. As always just mention Goldwing RIDERS to get the group rate.

April 15th -19th , Rate is $129 for Wednesday the 15th and $99 for the 16th-18th. If you book all days, that rate will be averaged for all days the same.

Hope to see you there!

Homewood Suites by Hilton
4302 W. Walnut St.
Rogers, AR 72756
(479) 636-5656

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Ray for setting this up. I’ll see you on Thursday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You're welcome Tim! Look forward to seeing you there!

Reactions: cycledude

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,708 Posts
I'm trying something a little different with the new forum software. For those of you who are interested in some motorcycle routes out of Rogers, I've posted a few in My Showcase. Everyone should be able to view them. If you can't let me know.

Please, COME ON SPRING!!!!

To find the showcase, click on the three dots next to your avatar. The showcase is listed there. When you find the routes, click on the preview to see a picture of the route. There is also a hyperlink title that will take you to the actual google map.

·
IronMan
17,171 Posts
looks to be working ok !! thanks

Reactions: cycledude and Monk

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
@Monk since you included your "waypoints" in the map, I can re-create the map myself to get the details of the URL and then use GPSVisualizer to convert the URL to a track. I can then convert the track to a route in Basecamp, and download the route to my faithful GPS. Thank you!

I wish there was a more direct route to get from a Google map to a .GPX file but there isn't one that I know of.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yo
Reservations made, Carolyn and I will arrive Wednesday afternoon. Ray, Thanks again for setting this up again
You're welcome Gene! We'll see you there!

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just a reminder, you only have about a month left to get your room reservation!

Don't miss out!

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,708 Posts
It is time to ride the Ozarks again. Just want everyone to know that the roads are in great shape!! It was not that long ago that routes had to be planned around some bad places like the lower part of 23/Pig Trail, new chip and seal on highway 16, etc. So far everything is looking real good for this years' event.

For more information or to ask questions about highway conditions check out the thread below. If you don't find what your looking for then ask. @gwhobo and myself will take a day to check out the area your asking about and report back.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
It is time to ride the Ozarks again. Just want everyone to know that the roads are in great shape!!
If you don't find what your looking for then ask. @gwhobo and myself will take a day to check out the area your asking about and report back.

Now that's what I call "taking one for the team". It's a rough job, but somebody has to do it. ;)

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,708 Posts
Now that's what I call "taking one for the team". It's a rough job, but somebody has to do it. ;)

Yes sir, @gwhobo and myself have big shoulders, somehow we will suffer through!!:cool:

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for keeping us up to speed on road conditions Bob!

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
March 20th is the last day to reserve your room at the group rate! Get your reservation in before then!

Right now there is only 12 rooms reserved , so plenty still available!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Sadly, just cancelled my reservation. My better half has RA and is immune-compromised, so we are trying to take prudent steps to not bring COVID into the house...including "unnecessary" travel that involves stays in hotels and such....looks like I'm stuck for awhile in 500 mile day trips (smile) REALLY hope to make it next year.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts