GL1800Riders Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Still a relatively long way off but will keep you in mind. We could relocate our accommodations if you and Larry aren't going to stay in the Rogers area. Let me know what you are thinking on this. Probably plan on bringing the trailer to carry my own food and PPE to counter the lack of eating establishments available and to practice the latest sanitary living directives. Plus I'll need to plan for bringing the obligatory 12 rolls of toilet paper.

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,484 Posts
Still a relatively long way off but will keep you in mind. We could relocate our accommodations if you and Larry aren't going to stay in the Rogers area. Let me know what you are thinking on this. Probably plan on bringing the trailer to carry my own food and PPE to counter the lack of eating establishments available and to practice the latest sanitary living directives. Plus I'll need to plan for bringing the obligatory 12 rolls of toilet paper.

I agree, it is still over 3 weeks out and a lot can happen in three weeks. This could all be taken out of our hands by then? Will probably post up some ideas in a couple weeks depending on how the situation is unfolding at that time.

Another place to look at what @gwhobo and myself are doing is in the Arkansas sub-forum. In another week I will start an April riding thread and all information on what we are doing will be posted there.

·
Registered
20,671 Posts
Ray the event cancellation is disappointing but yes I also believe it was the right thing to do, I believe this Corona Virus thing is a whole lot more dangerous than most of us realized a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
As far as the hotel goes, I have not heard back from them, probably tomorrow. I doubt they will honor the rate, but you never know since I'm sure their business is impacted just like everything else. Thank y'all for the kind words and encouragement. Cancelling was not something I wanted to do. At this point in time, I can't commit to rescheduling the event. Who knows what the next few months will bring and I have a ton of other things I need to concentrate my time in doing. If everything works out and things get back to normal, I'm planning a pool party for memorial day weekend ..lol.

I'll be smoking spare ribs , drinking beer and soaking up the sunshine in my swimming pool. If you happen to be in the neighborhood, stop on in and join us.. ;)

·
Registered
379 Posts
As far as the hotel goes, I have not heard back from them, probably tomorrow. I doubt they will honor the rate, but you never know since I'm sure their business is impacted just like everything else. Thank y'all for the kind words and encouragement. Cancelling was not something I wanted to do. At this point in time, I can't commit to rescheduling the event. Who knows what the next few months will bring and I have a ton of other things I need to concentrate my time in doing. If everything works out and things get back to normal, I'm planning a pool party for memorial day weekend ..lol.

I'll be smoking spare ribs , drinking beer and soaking up the sunshine in my swimming pool. If you happen to be in the neighborhood, stop on in and join us.. ;)
With the crisis restricting travel. I expect the hotel would be grateful for ANY paying guest, so doubt they would raise the rate....good old supply and demand dynamics....

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Good Morning!

We completely understand your group decision to cancel this years event. If you would like to rebook for later this year, we would love to have you. If not, we are excited to seeing you all next year.

We ask that guests cancel their rooms individually, just in case anyone is still planning to attend. They can cancel online, using their Hilton honors app, or by calling the hotel directly at 479.636.5656.

I am happy to cancel your reservation for you. Just let me know.

Thank you again!

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,484 Posts
Looks like we will cancel our reservation at the hotel in Rogers. I think it would be best under the circumstances to continue riding in a more rural environment than can be had in Rogers.

Morrilton is a town with a population of under 7,000. The population of Russellville is almost 30,000. Rogers, Arkansas is almost 70,000. Personally, I feel a little more comfortable in a more rural setting than is available in the Northwest extremes of the state.

If anyone would like to join Larry @gwhobo and myself for some Ozark riding, make contact with us and we will make it happen. Check or post in the April thread of the Arkansas sub-forum for information.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts