GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 40 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
The handle upgrade not available for only the 2020 Tour (because it is the only one with them already). But they are available for all 2018 & 19 and non-tour.

To be able to read the page, you must click it to view only that, click it again to re-draw it, wait for it to show a "+" type mouse pointer, then click it again so it will zoom in.

They are weird looking driver pegs, tall grab handles, "Goldwing" logo, and two parts to add trunk to non-tour.
The part number for the grab handle "kit" is 08R70-MKC-AF0ZA.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Latest update. I ordered this pair from "cheapcycleparts.com" and the LEFT one has shipped. The RIGHT one is on "backorder"!!!

I'll let you know when I get it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
New Drivers foot boards

I'll say. Those things are downright ugly!
Heck, if they are made of the same quality rubber the original '18 foot pegs were, they will wear through/fall off after a few rides... :wink2:

Mine were worn through by 3000 mi. and the left one was coming off by 3200 mi

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'll say. Those things are downright ugly!
Pretty weird looking. Need to see them in person.
The rubbers on my stock pegs are already worn through @ ~ 6k miles. These are the first footpeg rubbers I've ever worn completely through, let alone 6k miles. If/when I swap rider pegs, they dang sure won't be Honda pegs.

Let's hope the fine folks @ Trojan are using better rubber for their products than Honda are.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Bump! Did anyone get these yet? Did the set include all items inside the box noted as 13 on the diagram? Or was it necessary to order a new pushbutton?

·
Registered
68 Posts
:) Yep, saw that, understand I can order as a kit from Honda for a price. If ordered from other sources, as separate parts items, there is $$$ to be saved... if you do not have to purchase the button. Just getting the lay of the land.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I just ordered a left side passenger grab rail from Babbitts and they said there’s a nationwide backorder until May. I cancelled the order.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
The Honda Engineer told me you would need a new "button" for them. The drawing on the parts fiche I'm looking at seems to imply the button ( #18 ) comes with the left grip.

lets not keep it a secret folks. Which of the part numbers is the correct to replace the 18-19 passenger hand grips with the new cleverly Honda invented grips? ... there has been a couple of part number roaming around here and I am not sure which is the right one.

Also, does one actually need all them parts to replace just the handles?

·
Registered
4,111 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Mine is on backorder should be available around February.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just finished installing on my '18. Went ahead and ordered the kit from Niehaus. Prompt service, no hassles, free shipping. Installed without issue and they fit perfectly. They came with a new set of bolts/washers, bolts are the same dimension, but go from 12mm bolt head to 10mm bolt head. I went ahead and tried both, there were no issues. Washers are larger than the original. It is a nice touch to have the bolts/washers. Also want to add a kudos to Niehaus, they had a free shipping discount running but the site charged me and I did not even know they were doing free shipping anyway. Char at Niehaus, refunded the $12. Says volumes about their character. Thank you Char and Niehaus.

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
Is the kit all inclusive? Did you use the helmet lock mechanism from your 18 handrails or did the kit come with the helmet lock mechanism included?

Your rails look great. I'm looking forward to getting a set for my 18. The current grab rails are of little use.

21 - 40 of 123 Posts