GL1800Riders Forums banner

41 - 60 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Is the kit all inclusive? Did you use the helmet lock mechanism from your 18 handrails or did the kit come with the helmet lock mechanism included?

Your rails look great. I'm looking forward to getting a set for my 18. The current grab rails are of little use.
Everything was included in the kit. Just had to remove the bolts, unhook the helmet lock cable from original part and attach the cable to the new part’s helmet lock mechanism. Bolted it down, checked the lock operation and all was done. Had both done in 10 min.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
170 Posts
Everything was included in the kit . Just had to remove the bolts, unhook the helmet lock cable from original part and attach the cable to the new part’s helmet lock mechanism. Bolted it down, checked the lock operation and all was done. Had both done in 10 min.

Thanks for the info,

·
Registered
54 Posts
Agree....
I like how they look on my 2019 AB.

I have no problem with the 2019 grab rails so I won't be purchasing the new ones anyway, but would seriously hesitate changing them to black if I did.

Don't blame you, I wouldn't change them either, they look nice....the whole bike looks NICE!!!!!!!!!!
Jim

·
Registered
18,546 Posts
So for those that have actually purchased 2020 Grab handles and they were not on BACK ORDER. Where did you purchase them

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I ordered mine from Partszilla and they are scheduled to be shipped tomorrow.

I ordered yesterday, today they sent a email that they are back ordered.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
My right grab rail was only on backorder for a couple of days. I ordered from cheapcycleparts.com. They are installed, they look stock, they were a one for one replacement and fit perfectly. I am very happy with them and they are now finally functional grab rails.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have to admint that one other nice thing about the new rails is that for my height, it is so much easier to hold the bike to get it on the centerstand. I do not have to bend over any longer.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I ordered mine from Partszilla and they are scheduled to be shipped tomorrow.

Update: Just got an email this morning that says the passenger grip kit is back ordered until March 30th from Partzilla. I Cancelled the order a few minutes ago and will give Niehaus a try.

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
Everything was included in the kit. Just had to remove the bolts, unhook the helmet lock cable from original part and attach the cable to the new part’s helmet lock mechanism. Bolted it down, checked the lock operation and all was done. Had both done in 10 min.

Do you have the kit part # ? TIA

·
Registered
70 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Niehaus Cycles are sold out of the Grabrail Kits until June.
They were only given an allotment of 10 kits, due in to their location February 25.
If you have placed an order from Partzilla, to be delivered on March 30, DON'T CANCEL.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Honda greatly underestimated demand for 18's and 19's wanting usable grab bars..... I have not even ordered yet, so I have not be able to get any until late in the year if I am lucky.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Ordered the Kit on 1/20. Received call on 2/5 saying delivery was pushed back to 11 March. Received another call on 2/12 stating Kit had shipped. Picked up the Kit yesterday, 2/17. Though I would have preferred Mat Alpha Silver Metallic over Mat Ballistic Black, I got them for dash 2, not me.

rails.png

·
Registered
103 Posts
I will add to this thread by saying I have the Max’s grab bars on my 2018 and I love them. Pricey but look more reasonable as the new bars price is revealed. Just sayin’

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I will add to this thread by saying I have the Max’s grab bars on my 2018 and I love them. Pricey but look more reasonable as the new bars price is revealed. Just sayin’
Max's bars are twice as much as Honda's. :unsure:
No disrespect, but Max's bars leave a bit to be desired aesthetically IMHO.

41 - 60 of 123 Posts