GL1800Riders Forums banner

61 - 80 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Don't blame you, I wouldn't change them either, they look nice....the whole bike looks NICE!!!!!!!!!!
Jim
I asked my wife if she would like the new grab rails for $275, she said to buy gas instead :)
, should of told her about the other ones.......
PBR

·
Registered
69 Posts
No disrespect, but Max's bars leave a bit to be desired aesthetically IMHO.

I got a feeling Max is going to take a financial beating on these. I'm sure he invested quite a bit of time and money bringing these to market, judging by what he wants for a set. Now that Honda has corrected the grab rail problem with the 2020 Wing, and which for a little over $200 can be retrofitted to the 2018-19 model years, I'm going to guess the market for Max's $600+ grab rails has evaporated to next to nothing.

·
Registered
547 Posts
My passenger didn't feel the upgrade in grab handles was necessary however when trailering bike it would be nice to tie down the back end of the bike using the passenger grab handles. I have ordered them but was advised they are back ordered.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I got a feeling Max is going to take a financial beating on these. I'm sure he invested quite a bit of time and money bringing these to market, judging by what he wants for a set. Now that Honda has corrected the grab rail problem with the 2020 Wing, and which for a little over $200 can be retrofitted to the 2018-19 model years, I'm going to guess the market for Max's $600+ grab rails has evaporated to next to nothing.
I agree. They're over exaggerated for me...sort of like my office chair arms. Sorry, Max. Really like the 2020 Goldwing rails though.

·
Vendor
299 Posts
Yes we have several on order from Honda for customers and are waiting (im)patiently with the rest. As soon as we have stock in hand we'll put them up on our site. Needles to say these are clearly a hot item!

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I am now standing in the "back-order" line for "usable" grab rails..... I ordered a few other maintenance items I will eventually need as well. I had to put my "on hand" brake pads on my 2010 a couple months ago, so I needed to replace those and threw in several oil crush washers for both 2010 & 2018. None of these are immediately needed if the entire order is held waiting for the back-order.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I placed an order for the grab rail kit from Partzilla, along with another part. First they emailed me and said they would be available end of April. Just got a new email from them and was informed the grab rail kit wont l be available until the end of June. It wasn't the delay that was a problem for me, it was that they charged my Visa for a part that is back ordered for months. I cancelled that part of my order.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I got mine HERE - cost is based on the dollar/yen conversion. They cost me $177 (including $34 in shipping) and got here to PA in 3 days from Japan. They're back ordered too now but that's the cheapest that i've seen them. I just put them on yesterday and they're great.

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
I placed an order for the grab rail kit from Partzilla, along with another part. First they emailed me and said they would be available end of April. Just got a new email from them and was informed the grab rail kit wont l be available until the end of June. It wasn't the delay that was a problem for me, it was that they charged my Visa for a part that is back ordered for months. I cancelled that part of my order.
I ordered a kit from Partzilla on the 7th of March, they are shipping the 11th of March.

UPDATE: They lied, pushed it til 4/30/2020. Charged my card anyway. They lost me as a consumer. ? ? ?

·
Registered
421 Posts
The Honda 2020 Garb Rails on a Tour model might not be nearly as functional as the Traxxion Grab Rails. This video demonstrates how the Traxxion Tour Grab Rails are elevated and extend out to the sides so the passenger can easily reach the rails with arms on the outside of the trunk armrests. The Traxxion rails also extend further aft providing better hand positioning to keep the passenger off the rider in the case of emergency braking.

This video also demonstrates the Traxxion Sport Grab Rails on the Tour which are positioned closer to the Honda 2020 Grab Rails (lower and closer into the seat). In this position most passengers will have to extend their arms down and inside the trunk armrests to reach the rails (not an issue if your passenger weighs 105 pounds). Also note, like the new Honda Rails the Traxxion Sport Grab Rails do not extend as far rearward (again, not an issue until you have to brake hard and have the full weight of your passenger on you).

Just wanted to point out that the Traxxion Tour Grab Rails look to have a lot more practical functionality if you are the passenger. The Rails are extended out to each side and elevated for easy passenger access by simply reaching over the top and outside of the trunk arm rests. The Traxxion Tour Rails also extend further aft for a better hand position to keep the passenger off the rider during emergency braking.

Full Disclosure: I'm not associated with Traxxion in any way but do have a set of their Grab Rails on my 2018 DCT Standard (no rear trunk). I was the first to install a set of Traxxion Sport Grab Rails on a Goldwing Standard. Later, without asking, Max sent a set of the longer Tour Rails (just the rails) for me to try. These extend further to the rear and my girlfriend really appreciates the extra length for better hand positioning during hard braking.

I get it, the Traxxion Grab Rails are expensive. However my long time girlfriend really likes the easy access and appreciates the added sense of security these rails provide. I also like the added safety aspect knowing she won't be all over me in the event really hard braking is called for.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I ordered a kit from Partzilla on the 7th of March, they are shipping the 11th of March.

UPDATE: They lied, pushed it til 4/30/2020. Charged my card anyway. They lost me as a consumer. ? ? ?
Just saw this. I ordered a set from them yesterday and got an email saying they will ship tomorrow. Are they playing games with each of these orders?

61 - 80 of 125 Posts