GL1800Riders Forums banner

141 - 160 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
I will wait till they have stock again. well worth the wait, if compared to the ones max is selling for 600 dollars. I cannot believe what a huge saving on 1 item.
Cheers

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
296 Posts
I'm pretty happy with the way they look. They certainly make the bike easier to put up on the center stand (not that it was difficult before mind you) and now I have a place to tie down my waterproof ortlieb bag for camping gear...

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
For those that have the 2020 rails installed, I have a somewhat different question: what is the distance between the inside of both handles (the part you’d grip). Illustrated by the red line in the attached photo.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Approximately 19 1/2 inches for the opening. At about 20 inches from top edge to top edge

·
Registered
8 Posts
I understand that you can hook up the existing helmet locking mechanism on the left handrail. Can anyone explain how that works? I have not found any info on it. Thanks.

·
Registered
296 Posts
The new grip set in this thread comes with everything you need. The helmet locking system is installed in the grip. I'll you need to do is re-hook the cable to the new set. The entire install took me 20 minutes.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I just ordered mine today from my local dealer. $238 including the local 9% tax.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Maybe a dumb question but $152 for both handrails? Also, how was the finish and quality?

Chuck
I picked up a set from them. They were factory Honda parts. No issues whatsoever. I was a happy camper.

·
Registered
38 Posts
No shipping is $50. They have 3 left, better hurry.
I backed out. For one, the website said "Passenger Grip"... singular. Why would they not make it clear you are buying both sides? I was willing to go forward anyway, assuming they would send me both right and left otherwise you all would have warned people accordingly. But then, as I was getting ready to pay with a credit card, that didn't seem easy to do. It got way to busy for me.

Thank you but I'll wait for an opportunity to buy something locally.

Chuck

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Simple research (Google the part number), reveals that it is the complete upgrade kit. I just ordered the kit after creating an account first and getting a 5% discount code. Shipping was $25 so I'm in for like $175. Yes, I chose the slower shipping route but it's not like I need them today.

I can see were Max's design is better and I am a true Max fan and have used many of his products on my wings. But, at 1/3 of the price, I just have to try them. Who knows, I may end up with the better ones after all then someone will get a great deal on a gently used upgrade kit.

Reactions: laen

·
Registered
394 Posts
Simple research (Google the part number), reveals that it is the complete upgrade kit. I just ordered the kit after creating an account first and getting a 5% discount code. Shipping was $25 so I'm in for like $175. Yes, I chose the slower shipping route but it's not like I need them today.

I can see were Max's design is better and I am a true Max fan and have used many of his products on my wings. But, at 1/3 of the price, I just have to try them. Who knows, I may end up with the better ones after all then someone will get a great deal on a gently used upgrade kit.
I did the same. Low cost slow boat shipping. Didn’t see this justification in the high cost for quicker shipping. Purchased on 5/3/20, arrived in NJ on 6/25/20 waiting to clear customs currently. Hopefully they will make it to TN within the next week or two. Total $161.70 with shipping.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I wasn't going to get these as I like the stock silver ones on my DCT airbag.....
But my wife started to complain about them, so............

In ordered them through Niehaus about 1-month ago and they just came in yesterday......so I should receive them in a couple days.
Will make the wife happy... :giggle:

141 - 160 of 163 Posts