GL1800Riders Forums banner

41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #42

Welcome to Howard and Joanne. Glad you can make it and look forward to meeting you. On another topic, Harvey and I will be wearing tee shirts as shown in the pictures to the ride-in. If you want to look as sporty as you know we will, they are available for order until April 1st at a cost of $20 each payable upon delivery at the ride-in. The two color choices are black with silver as shown and grey with black not shown. PM me with SIZE and COLOR preferences and I'll bring you one. See you all there.

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
Due to the great price of the rooms I think we ought to get a couple, could we see the grey and black option? Thanks for doing this, that's taking on a lot of extra work. Love the design.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Due to the great price of the rooms I think we ought to get a couple, could we see the grey and black option? Thanks for doing this, that's taking on a lot of extra work. Love the design.
There are no grey ones made at this time. The April 1st cutoff order date is to allow time to order all shirts and assure delivery even at the worst.

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
Just reread my last comment this morning, it strikes me that it may have sounded as if I was saying we should get a couple for free. Absolutely not what I intended, I meant my wife and I should order a couple.

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
Are the sizes pretty accurate with what you already have? I wear a large and the wife would be a small.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Are the sizes pretty accurate with what you already have? I wear a large and the wife would be a small.
Just tried mine on, and being a Jumbo Petite 2XL with a shape that resembles Winnie the Pooh, mine fits really good, not tight or loose.

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
Put us down for grey with black, one large, one small. Again, thanks for doing this. Will PM you shortly, after I figure out how to do that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Darksiders

Hope you don’t mind me and the misses tagging along with you all

Just to clarify i do not have Goldwing (have a F6B) nor a Darksider or many farkles and to top it all I’m a Brit too, is it still Ok if we attend?

Have booked for the 3days @$55 per night ”Darksider” rate

Really looking forward to meeting you all...it will be our 1st GL1800 meeting

Darren & Julie (Delaware, OH)

·
Registered
627 Posts
Hi Darksiders

Hope you don’t mind me and the misses tagging along with you all

Just to clarify i do not have Goldwing (have a F6B) nor a Darksider or many farkles and to top it all I’m a Brit too, is it still Ok if we attend?

Have booked for the 3days @$55 per night ”Darksider” rate

Really looking forward to meeting you all...it will be our 1st GL1800 meeting

Darren & Julie (Delaware, OH)
Welcome, Glad to have you

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
The boys and I’ll be there for the week again if anyone has some nice riding maps of area on gps file please send to my email [email protected]
Larry thanks again can’t wait to see everyone again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Hi Darren and Julie. Welcome to attend. We look forward to meeting you. I won't be the only foreigner there now😁

·
Registered
516 Posts
Hi all. After some discussion, arrangements have been made for the Spring Ride In. It will be held at the Baymont Best Western, 701 Pike St., Marietta, Ohio 45750. The phone there is 740-374-9660.
Jessica is there most weekdays and will take reservations. Please mention "Darksiders" to get the group rate of $62 +/- including taxes.
May 14,15, and 16 are scheduled, but come and stay as you wish.
Hi everyone. I hope to be able to make this and meet you all for the first time. Put some faces to these monikers I keep seeing here with >5000 posts and member dates from the last century! LOL. Work may require I miss this but I'll drive over for a day or two if possible.

For anyone approaching Marietta from the North or West, you might want to take a look at some of the roads here in Athens, Ohio. There are some nice rides to be sure. PM me or REPLY and I'll post my favorites. Also, I've never ridden The Tail of the Dragon but if it is better (worse?) than the Ohio Triple Nickel (#555) you might want to consider that ride on your way in or out. Here is a local guide that includes it and 8 other notable Ohio rides.

https://www.windy9.com/ohios-windy-9-map

I'm no expert on Marietta but I live relatively close by, so if I can be of any assistance to anyone for travel planning, bike fixes, local shop suggestions, etc. don't hesitate to get in touch via PM. I'll give you my cell # there if you want or need it.

·
DSI Keeper
9,098 Posts
I think I am seeing the beginnings of a new ride leader. :)

I'm no expert on Marietta but I live relatively close by, so if I can be of any assistance to anyone for travel planning, bike fixes, local shop suggestions, etc. don't hesitate to get in touch via PM. I'll give you my cell # there if you want or need it.

41 - 60 of 88 Posts